PDA

View Full Version : fast foods

carlossalsa8
02-23-2004, 04:47 PM
I know fast foods aren't recommended when dieting. I was just wondering, if you would go eat fast foods, which restaurants would you go to?

Spartacus
02-23-2004, 05:06 PM
wendy's chilli and baked potatoe probably wouldn't be terrible.

or if you want to spend more monye, subway or chipotle can be good.

ryuage
02-23-2004, 06:32 PM
subway yum! hehe id get the roasted chicken breast double meat on country wheat

Optimum08
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
CHIPOTLE=GOOD
a complete meal too :hump:

BigRic
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
This is perfect for me, I work at mcdonalds and am bulking right now, but I try to cut most of the fat out, so I usually eat Whole wheat Grill chickens, Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits, and Bran muffins. Good stuff with some good nutritional value for fast food.

Jasonl
02-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Subway meatball with onions and olives... :drooling:

dxiw
02-23-2004, 07:35 PM
i eat a subway turkey breast and ham with a bag of baked lays everyday for lunch - the way i order it it comes out to like 15F (like 3 saturated) 70C 24P not bad...considering I am cutting..

Ebu
02-23-2004, 08:17 PM
If your going the fast food route, i Like bean burritos from taco bell. Good fiber and protein all at once, and they are only like 90 cents a pop. I dont like the onions and sauce they put in it though, and depending how my calories are for the day, I will get cheese on it. I peel most of the tortilla off too, cuz its enough for two frickin burritos on the thing.

reicher
02-23-2004, 09:19 PM
best fast food?
Cottage cheese and an apple from about any corner market in America.

harryhoudini66
02-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Pollo Loco- Breast, wing, thigh
Carl's Junior- Low Carb Six-Dollar Burger
Burger King- Low Carb Whopper, Chicken Whopper, Double Whopper
McDonalds- Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese [no bun]
In-N-Out- Double Protein Burger
Sizzler- Steak and Shrimp Combo
Shakers- Steak and Eggs
IHOP- Egg, Bacon and Cheese Omelet
Subway- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap
Panda Express- Beef Broccoli
KFC- Chicken Breast

TitaN8504
02-23-2004, 09:49 PM
The Quizinos Subs!!!! They Are Dollar Off, When U Bring In A Coupon!!!!

carlossalsa8
02-23-2004, 09:58 PM
How often do you guys eat this?

TitaN8504
02-23-2004, 10:07 PM
prob when we are in a crunch for time, ya know, school to work, need food, fast... fast food.

talonted
02-24-2004, 09:16 AM
At most places nowdays you can buy a combo and replace the fries with a side salad and the pop with bottled water. I do it at Wendy's, Mcdonalds, BurgerKing and aks for no mayo on the burger.
At wendy's you can switch the fries for a baked potato or chilli.

the doc
02-24-2004, 10:32 AM
stay away from french fries, potato chips, etc.

concentrate on protein sources

ccjfw
02-24-2004, 06:52 PM
i tell you guys what, theres nothing faster than a hand can opener and some tuna.

carlossalsa8
02-24-2004, 07:02 PM
if you guys would go to subway or quiznos, which size would you order the sandwish, regular or large? and at pollo loco, wut would you eat there? I always eat a chicken breast, a leg, with mash potatoes and vegetables. Sometimes I order a BRC burrito.

Deathwish
02-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Well I suppose that depends on your diet and how you take it into account later in the day.

Wendy's Chilis aren't bad and Subway of course is good. Most grilled chicken sandwiches/dishes in general aren't bad. Just make sure you get no sauce.

dxiw
02-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Subway - order any sandwich that is "7 Under 6" aka under 6 grams of fat (they have nearly no saturated) make sure its 6 inches - if you want you can order double the meat and a slice of cheese if you want - with all the standard veggies and a very small amount of a low cal sauce like sweet onion (aka my lunch) you end up with about:
10g Fat (3 saturated)
45g Carb
38g Prot
not bad at all for a meal..throw in a bag of baked lays and you have total
13g Fat
70g Carb
40g Protein
perfect meal for a nice balanced cutting/bulking diet..

Shao-LiN
02-25-2004, 01:02 AM
if you guys would go to subway or quiznos, which size would you order the sandwish, regular or large? and at pollo loco, wut would you eat there? I always eat a chicken breast, a leg, with mash potatoes and vegetables. Sometimes I order a BRC burrito.

Depends on your diet and how many calories you need to fit in.

I'd eat the chicken at el pollo loco w/o the skin and maybe a bit of rice and veggies.

carlossalsa8
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Wutz wrong with the skin? I mean I don't eat it but don't know why. Also Wut do you guys think about soups? Are they healthy? I am hispanic and I eat a bowl of chicken soup every saturday and sunday ( latin style ) It has soup :o), chicken, potato and vegetables.

Spartacus
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
the skin has most of the fat.

soup can be good or bad depending on how its prepared.

carlossalsa8
02-25-2004, 03:22 PM
the skin has most of the fat.

soup can be good or bad depending on how its prepared.

Which ones are bad and good? do they really get you fat? It is just liquid.

Spartacus
02-25-2004, 03:52 PM
well its liquid but you can use just about any ingredients when making a soup, as long as it ends up liquid and a decent taste.

i can't speak to specific soups as soup requires eating far too much bulk to get any calories or be filling (hardgainer.)

just read the ingredients.

carlossalsa8
02-25-2004, 04:58 PM
well its liquid but you can use just about any ingredients when making a soup, as long as it ends up liquid and a decent taste.

i can't speak to specific soups as soup requires eating far too much bulk to get any calories or be filling (hardgainer.)

just read the ingredients.

So that means soups don't give you enough energy?

Spartacus
02-25-2004, 06:48 PM
i just meant i'd rather eat solid food... just a personal preference.

carlossalsa8
02-25-2004, 08:16 PM
A friend of mine told me yoshinoya is pretty healthy just like subway, is it? When I go to subway or quiznos I always buy the large one. IS that bad? I know, as long as I keep my cals. on track. I always order the footlong, chicken breast (2), lettuce, mustard, tomatoes and that is it. Is quiznos healthy as subway? How pizza, how often do you eat it?

harryhoudini66
02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
You friend is very wrong. Unless he is talking about the Teryaki Chicken Bowl with no sckin and souce. Otherwise it is super high in fat and sodium.

The beef bowl has about 30-60 grams of fat

By the way, Subway may be better then Mickey D's but I would not call it healthy.

Exnor
02-26-2004, 06:08 AM
Soup is a good food to give your digestive system a rest, but its not very calorie dense, often does not include all that much nutritional value and as a result is not ideal for bulking.

carlossalsa8
02-26-2004, 03:05 PM
You friend is very wrong. Unless he is talking about the Teryaki Chicken Bowl with no sckin and souce. Otherwise it is super high in fat and sodium.

The beef bowl has about 30-60 grams of fat

By the way, Subway may be better then Mickey D's but I would not call it healthy.

What would be healthy for you ( talking about fast foods restaurants)? wut other foods are high in sodium? i heard sodium makes you bloat your self is that true?