PDA

View Full Version : Protein Powder????

BigDave
02-23-2004, 05:23 PM
i want to know if anyone can recommenced a good powder...which there have see gains from....

i have tried nitrotech and maximuscle protein powder..but only for short period of time...both these tasted like ****....

or should i just stick to food..chicken/tuna/egg whites/beef etc..

i am plan to buy a bulk order of powder??? any ideas???

im 6'2 and 14 stone 7 pound....i am quite lean not over weight

my diet/

meal 1 7am/ 2 whole eggs+6 white, bowl of oats.

meal 2 9. 30/ 2 tin on tuna mixed with white rice/ 1apple

meal 3 12.00/ 2 large chicken breast in brown bread/ 1 bannana

meal 4 2.30/ 1 large tuckey and ham in brown bread

meal 5 5.00/ 2 whole eggs+ 6 white, bowl of oats

meal 6 8.30/ beef steak/veggie(pototoes.carrots. brussels.

meal 7 11.00/ a protein shakes( i only have this one 50% of the time)

days drinks.. i drink a 2 pint of skimmed milk and 3 litre of water a day.

question.. should i add 3 protein drinks to my diet????
is my diet ok??? i having good gain at the moment..

Anthony
02-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Looks like you need to add some fat to your diet, but overall it's decent. If you're making good gains, why change anything?

If you are still set on buying protein powder for your 11pm meal, you may want to check out www.atlargenutrition.com ... they have great products and your purchase will help support this site. :)

andy51
02-23-2004, 05:36 PM
If you would like to add a protein I would try ALN's Nitrean. It a high quality protein at a very competive price.

Looking back at your post i dont think you live in N. America because of the measurements. You could also look into some Optimum or Designer Whey. I would recommend taking a protein supplement within 15 minutes of working out. Any others could be used to meet your protein needs.

geoffgarcia
02-23-2004, 05:39 PM
protein shakes are only as beneficial as your diet and muscles need them to be...
certain types of proteins are best taken at certain times of the day and with conjunction with certain fats and carbs, and other supplements.

The advanced route would be to figure out when you want to take them, what you need to take them for, and how they fit into your meal plan.

If you want to blindly pick a protein powder you can't go wrong with the AtLarge Nitrean product. It is a good price for a good protein breakdown.

pruneman
02-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Nitrean tastes great.

BigDave
03-04-2004, 10:50 AM
ive just got some chocalote nurtisport protein powder each drink provides 50 grams of protein.

also got a tub of nirto tech