PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth

Nights
02-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Two and a half years lifting, and I've hit the point where I need to get back into it, to rekindle the desire and motivation to lift more then I did last week, to better myself, to challenge myself. This is my rebirth, as it is.

Last year I squated 3 plates. While not an overwhelming amount, it is definitely better then my current squat of 2 plates and a 10 for 5 reps. Now, I can give my normal excuses of injurying my knee (acl tear in my left knee), but you know, I won't. I got to the three plate squat before I even learnt that I had torn that ligament. And yes, I reinjured it again (twice, or three times) but that's not really an excuse. Well, it is. And that's what I'm trying to avoid.

So here it is. I've started a 5x5 routine, and am currently cutting. At 190 (currently down to 186) I'm the highest weight I've ever been,a nd while my bf isn't that high, it could be better. So cutting to 170-175. And while we're at listing goals, that squats of 3 plates would be one of them. And a deadlift of four plates would be another.

Any comments or questions are welcome. Now, talking done, on to the routine.

Nights
02-24-2004, 05:02 PM
BACK DAY
Deadlift
225-5, 275-5, 5, 4, 3
--been a while since I've done deadlifts. Have been doing atf squat for a while, so strength has been lost, but hopefully just from not doing it for a while.

Hammer Strength Pull
95-9, 115-5

T-Bar
160-6, 6
--grip was wearing out from deadlifts. Should be able to do more once I've built up that's strength again

WGC/NGC
bw - 6/1
--no break between the two exercises, supersetting

Preacher Curl
70-19

Reverse Curl
50-7

Nights
02-24-2004, 05:06 PM
LEG DAY

Squats
225-5, 5, 5, 5, 3
--should have got the last one, but worn out. Been doing ATF for so long it was tricky going to parallel. Was going below it for the first three, until had someone at the gym point it out for me. With his help did the last two to parallel.

Lunges (db)
55s-7, 7

1 Leg Extension
160-5, 5

1 Leg Hamstring Pushdown
75-7, 7
--never used this one before, but as two people were on the laying hamstring curl, didn't feel like waiting. Not a big fan, but I'll give it another shot

1 Leg Standing Hamstring Curl
50-7, 8

Donkey Calf-raise
150-7|3, 5

ABS
Kissing Floor
160-17, 190-7

Russian Twist (dbs)
60s-10, 65s-9

Decline Crunch
bw (hands behind head) - 12

Saint Patrick
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Me first!

:spam:

Nights
02-24-2004, 05:10 PM
CHEST
Flat bench (db)
85-5, 4, 3, 2, 2

Snatch
115-4, 135-3

Weighted dips
45-5, 4
--down a lot of weight, but haven't done for about half a year

Skulls
80-10, 9

Close Grip
80-15

Military Press
90-5|2

Side Raise
35-5, 4

Wrist curl (back/front)
40-7/10, 5/9

CARDIO
Level 12 10mins HIIT style 150 cals 1.3 km

Nights
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the spam Saint Patty. Say something clever next time :nod:

BACK DAY
Deadlift 295-5, 5, 4, 3, 3
--Up twenty pounds. Much better. Ripped a calus off my hand, which was affecting my grip. Same time, blood was making it somewhat sticky.

Hammer Strength Pull
115-6, 6
--Up weight and reps.

T-Bar
160-6, 6
--still trouble with grip. Almost considering wraps for these, but not willing to give it up quite yet.

WGC/NGC
bw - 6/2, 5/2
--decided on two sets. Little better then last time

Preacher Curl
80-4
--Up weight, down 6 reps. Curls have never been a strong point for me

Reverse Curl
70-7
--Second week doing these. Gains are more likely from learning form. Trying my best to keep back strength and no swing.

ABS
Kissing Floor
200 - 7, 6

Pinkball Bridging
45|15seconds, noball - 30seconds

Russians
65 - 9, 8

Nights
02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
LEG DAY
Squats
225-5, 245-5, 4, 3, 3
--did last weeks weight for a warmup by accident. Oops. Up twenty pounds, more then likely from learning where par is then any great strength gain.

Lunges (db)
60s-7, 5
--These things take the breath out of me

1 Leg Extension
160-7, 5

1 Leg Hamstring Pushdown
75-7
--swtiching to laying next week. these things just don't feel right for me.

1 Leg Standing Hamstring Curl
60-7, 6

Donkey Calf-raise
150-6, 6
--down weight

BOXING (cardio)
10 minutes with four breaks.

Nights
02-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Took a friend to the gym. Lot of my weights are down from normal, so I blame her. Well, not really. My body is hurting all over right now, so that could be an excuse too.. oddly enough just didn't have the push I normally do.

CHEST
Flat bench (db)
85-5, 4, 3, 2, 2
*identical to last week. Not good.

Snatch
135-2 115-3, 4

Weighted dips
bw - 9, 8
*couldn't find the belt for these, so just did a few at bodyweight.. nice and slow

Skulls
90-4, 4

Close Grip
90-10

Military Press
90-4|2
*down a rep. The pain I mentioned before is coming mostly from shoulders/upper back.. this wasn't my favorite exercise as such

Side Raise
35-6

--That's about it. Not my best workout by any means. Have got an interview for PT out of the deal though, because I was chatting it up with the manager before the workout. Don't know what to think of that yet, so I'll wait until the interview and get some questions answered before I go all happy or anything.

Shane
02-28-2004, 12:57 PM
:spam: Oi, me second!

Nights
03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
The gods of iron punished me. I killed one of their prized children, and in return they set their fury upon me.

Or in other words, I'll tell you the story. I went to the gym after going out to a grad party, and someone elses birthday party the night before. I don't drink, so I was a little tired, but not hungover at least.

Get to the gym, pick up a barbell to start doing deadlifts and ting it nicely against the wall while pulling it out. The tip of it falls off. So, after giving it to the closets PT, I get another one and start deads.

Maybe it's cause I didn't warmup long enough, skipping to two plates, or cause I didn't have a mirror to stare into and make sure form is fine... or maybe it's cause I angered those gods, but first set felt heavy, and grip was slipping. Second set, nice little pinch in my back, and I was done.

Nothing seriously painful, but even now, three days later, it's still slightly felt. Anyways, here was my workout.

Deadlift 295-5, 3
(see story above)

1 arm row 80-10, 7
--didn't have the hammer strength machines. Took these slow

Laying t-bar 90-8, 6

WGC/NGC
--couldn't do. Pinch was driving me mad if I hung for a second

Preacher
75-8, 5

Reverse
--skip.

Nights
03-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Skipped leg day as the pinch was still there. Rather not aggrivate my back if I don't need to. Will go in tomorrow night for chest but that's it.

Other then that, had my first interview since grad. A place that got my resume from the school, that I didn't even apply for. Trinity Media House. Went well I think, contract work for a web developer. Was more interested in me as a joint company, which would be good for my own. Contract work plus a reliable company with us. Crossing my fingers on that.

Got a wisdom tooth pulled. Was oddly not painful, or anything. Little bleeding, no swelling. Took maybe twenty seconds for him to pop it out. I'm a little disappointed, after hearing everyone complain about it.

Had a meeting with a potential client. Giving them a nice rate because they probably aren't willing to spend too much money. Good thing on programming is it costs me nothing but time though.

And that's my life.

Saint Patrick
03-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Say something clever next time

Something clever :)

Nice work on the skulls.