PDA

View Full Version : Easy question......

phatmonky
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
I weigh 185 pounds. I'm your typical skinny hardgainer.

I have been measuring my intake, as well as reading on the board. Everyone is pointing at a 40/40/20 split. So I've been aiming for that.

With that said, I have been coming in at about 200protein/250carbs/80 fat This also equates to about 2200-2300 calories.

These calories seem low, and I'm not sure how I can increase my calories without dramatically increasing fat/carbs.....or should I even be worried about that?? I know the 40/40/20 split is just a base point to start at, but what kind of carbs is just WAY too much for me? fat?

Thanks guys.

Anthony
02-25-2004, 02:39 PM
How many calories do you want to eat?

geoffgarcia
02-25-2004, 02:48 PM
shoot your fats up to 100-135
that'll boost your calories 180-495

make up the rest in protein...(like another 40g wouldn't hurt!)

phatmonky
02-25-2004, 03:53 PM
How many calories do you want to eat?

Beats me. I'm trying to gain some size. I have yet to hit any sort of spot where I'm gaining a belly. I just am looking for a rough estimate instead of shooting up across the board, and ending up with a not so clean diet.

Alke
02-25-2004, 05:14 PM
that seems a low number of calories for 185, I would eat around 3000 calories to start if it was me, and watch your weight so you gain a little each week: up to a pound or two.

To be honest, I dont worry about ratios or macros of carbs to proteins too much. As long as I am getting consistant calories, and more protein than carbs, It seems to work out fine.

The one thing I HAVE done is make sure I get enough fats, cutting or bulking. some days I whole milk, other days non-fat milk. Some days I eat peanut butter, some days I dont. the body is constantly digesting food if you eat those 6-10 meals a day and as long as I get the fats in there somewhere, it seems to work out fine.

When the end of the week comes, and I have gained a pound, then its all good. No need to hurt my brain figuring out 40/40/20 splits everyday.

This is just me, maybe others have to watch the ratios more closely, but for now as long as I keep shoveling consistant calories in me, all is well at the end of the week and I gain a pound or two :)

Anthony
02-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Are you gaining with your current calories? If not, increase by 500 and see what happens. Don't worry about having your ratios exact as long as they are within reason.

phatmonky
02-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Are you gaining with your current calories? If not, increase by 500 and see what happens. Don't worry about having your ratios exact as long as they are within reason.

what is 'within reason'??? I will be getting 200-250 protein, no matter what. How far off can the carbs and fat go? (in general, I know I'll just have to watch the belt line and see what the diet does.)