PDA

View Full Version : Power Racks by EFS - help

Bronek
02-26-2004, 03:41 AM
Hi guys, :whazzup:
Does any of you have/work out using Power Racks sold by EFS/Dave Tate?
I am after one of these, however, it is slightly to costly to get it, ship it, pay duties from where I am now (talking about Poland actually).
That’s why I decided to make one. There’s no major problems just to do the frame construction.
However:
-What's the inside width? - very important for comfortable grip.
-Thickness op tubes?
Pins:
-How thick are they?
-What are they made of? There’s some kind of tube on them (I guess, and what I read in “sick of your gym”) – how are these made?

I would gratefully appreciate your help, :thumbup:

Regards,

Budiak
02-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Jeez. The only question I have is how skilled are you at metalwork?

Making equipment isnt easy...and usually isnt safe.

Bronek
02-27-2004, 02:34 AM
your answer is rather off the topic. no offence. however, just to feed your curiosity have a look at the ling below, click at "oferta" on left hand side and then any blue link in the middle of the site.
http://www.olimp-cardio.com.pl/

I hope I find somebody that could actually help me a little.

Thanks,

Paul Stagg
02-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Why don't you call the guys at EFS and see if they can help you?

Budiak
02-27-2004, 10:09 AM
No, sir, my answer was NOT off topic. Making your own equipment can be very dangerous, so my question was right on topic. If you're very good at metalworking, make your own power rack. Get specs from EFS or look at spec sheets from other brands of power rack and basically copy them. The design of a power rack is very simple.

The question about making equipment has been asked many times on this board alone, by the way.

And that website was completely useless. Its in Polish. I dont know how many people on the board can read that. I'm willing to wager...one.

Bronek
02-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Budiak,
I do not mean to insult anybody . . . mentioned site might be useless, so was your question! however, just one look at the equipment there would answer what you asked of me - picture is worth XXX words"
Anyway, thank you for your reply and concern of my safety. I asked already EFS (hope they reply). I just need some info on pins. Will still look for some infor on forum.

thanks everybody

Regards,

P.S. what's the bet? :moon: :windup:

Budiak
02-27-2004, 05:31 PM
No, you must not have understood my question. I expect an answer if I'm going to condone your attempt to build a power rack.

Posting a website in Polish is not an answer. All I saw was a bunch of machines and weight trees. Do you manufacture these items?

So in the absence of AN ANSWER...

How experienced are you at metalworking?

Any person can grab an arc welder and stick some steel together, and said person will soon have a barbell crushing his spine in eight places.

Bronek
03-03-2004, 06:19 AM
hi,
Ok, to make it clear . . . people (actually my colegues) that manufacture machines you've seen would make power racks for me.
but this is still not an answer to your Q. I can also do some welding/metal work. Do not have time for it though - there are better than I am, I'll leave it to them.

Agree, do not want to have 700 bar crashing over my head.

Regards,

P.S. Still waiting for some responce from EFS