PDA

View Full Version : weight?

AB2004
02-26-2004, 02:39 PM
everyone i know who trains is trying to gain weight but i have alot of fat. im 200lbs and the majority of that is fat, should i try to get my weight down or just try and turn the fat into muscle?

ryuage
02-26-2004, 02:50 PM
well you answered your own question if you have a lot of fat and you are unhappy with it start a cutting diet. Use the search button to help you design a lifting routine and come up with a diet.

AND YOU CANT TURN FAT INTO MUSCLE!

AB2004
02-26-2004, 03:08 PM
really i always thought you could turn fat into muscle?

sorry for the stupid questions but i know nothing.

thanks for the info about the search

DoUgL@S
02-26-2004, 03:50 PM
What you are referring to is body recomposition. That is where in the process of losing fat you gain muscle at the same time. People new to fitness are able to acheive both at the same time, its often refered to as newbie gains. Once you are more experienced you will have to do each independantly.
My first suggestion to you is do a few searches on cutting and read some of the articles on the WBB site to get your diet in order. Then read the fitness articles and start the WBB1 routine. Eat smart and workout. Good luck.

ogarchamplin
02-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Newbie Gains RULE! also remember a pound of muscle burns more calories then a pound of fat