PDA

View Full Version : Help

latinomasfino
02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
im 19 and ive been weight lifting sreiously for 1 year and a half i use AST training program i went from 160 to 175 and dropped from 21% BF to 18% but these past 2 months seem like i hit a stoppin point i have 16inch biceps 42 inch chest 25inch quads but i cant seem to develop abs i work out 5 tiems a week for 45min to an hour and box at home 2 tiems a week for 45min wut im a doing wrong i am eating good no fast foods soda evern wheat bread and low carbs

Holto
02-27-2004, 10:00 PM
sounds like you need to do a decisive cut or bulk

you will need to lose weight to see your abs...

latinomasfino
02-27-2004, 10:48 PM
how do i do that
like i keep hearing about cut but is there a like speicific program ???

EdgarMex
02-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Do a search on cut or cutting or read as much as you can on the diet and Nutrition forum. All the info you need about cutting or bulking is right there.

ryuage
02-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Pretty much you are gonna have to monitor everything that goes in your mouth!

no sick jokes intended here. haha

Holto
02-28-2004, 04:02 PM
how do i do that
like i keep hearing about cut but is there a like speicific program ???

it really just means you focus everything around losign bodyfat

trainign and nutrtion geared to cutting

the training part is more a matter of not setting any lofty goals or overtraining

nutrition is everything

work out some totals

total cals, fat,protein carbs

latinomasfino
02-28-2004, 11:50 PM
it really just means you focus everything around losign bodyfat

trainign and nutrtion geared to cutting

the training part is more a matter of not setting any lofty goals or overtraining

nutrition is everything

work out some totals

total cals, fat,protein carbs

yea i guess ur right damn i mean i try to eat good but i fail to write shti down im a have to keep a journal or something i tried that hydroxycut shti that dont work and like i tryeating less but my energy becomes low and nothing happens should i forcus more on cardio or nutrition?

Deathwish
02-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Take your weight and multiply it by 12. Eat that many calories a day and you'll lose weight at a healthy rate, about 2 lbs/week. Consume more calories if you need to depending on how active you are. Do not eat more than 1g of protein per lb of body weight, try to keep saturated fat low, less than 20 g a day. Don't eat white bread, rice, and plain sugar. Eat complex carbs like fruits. That's the jist of it I think. I've been following that and I've been losing about 2 lb of fat a week. Also having access to a bodyfat measuring scale is benefical to track your progress. Make an account at www.fitday.com to help yourself keep track of what you eat. Try not to cheat either...but if you must cheat a meal or two once a week. You should start to be able to see abs when you're around 14, 15%. Obviously the lower bf you have the more muslce you will see. Cardio also helps a lot...try reading up on HIIT. Also search the board for cutting diets to get a general idea of what people are doing.

latinomasfino
02-29-2004, 08:01 PM
hey thakns deathwish yea since i weright 172 than i guess no more than 2064 calories aight thats reasonable...when should be the best time to weight and check ur bodyfat i have a bodyfat scale because i known the stats are diff in the moring than in the evening

Deathwish
03-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I check after I workout. Just be consistent with the time that you check it and you'll have a more accurate results in your measurements. I bought a caliper last night on ebay for like $5...I suggest you buy one too. The Accu Fitness 2000 I think it was called. It's supposed to be the best and it's used by a lot of organizations.

btw...try to be more specific with your thread topics...

HemiVision
03-04-2004, 11:10 AM
I check after I workout. Just be consistent with the time that you check it and you'll have a more accurate results in your measurements.

Being consistent with the time is good advice, but you won't get an accurate body fat reading after working out. Take the reading before your workout, and 2 hours after eating a meal.

carlossalsa8
03-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Take your weight and multiply it by 12. Eat that many calories a day and you'll lose weight at a healthy rate, about 2 lbs/week. Consume more calories if you need to depending on how active you are. Do not eat more than 1g of protein per lb of body weight, try to keep saturated fat low, less than 20 g a day. Don't eat white bread, rice, and plain sugar. Eat complex carbs like fruits. That's the jist of it I think. I've been following that and I've been losing about 2 lb of fat a week. Also having access to a bodyfat measuring scale is benefical to track your progress. Make an account at www.fitday.com to help yourself keep track of what you eat. Try not to cheat either...but if you must cheat a meal or two once a week. You should start to be able to see abs when you're around 14, 15%. Obviously the lower bf you have the more muslce you will see. Cardio also helps a lot...try reading up on HIIT. Also search the board for cutting diets to get a general idea of what people are doing.

Whats wrong with white rice and white bread?