PDA

View Full Version : eating till getting full and stomach hurts?

carlossalsa8
02-28-2004, 03:56 PM
I am not bulking ( just to let you know) I am planning on bulking in two months cuz my soccer league just started. Anyways, lets say I just ate a meal, but it didn't full me, should I eat more till my stomach. gets full or should I wait till next meal? I know you guys might say "it depends of the calorie intake of ur day" wut are some concequences of overeating besides stretching ur stomach? is there any infection it could cause? cuz last time I overate two days in a row ( each day I ate more cuz it seems like the food I was eating wasn't fulling my stomach) on saturday i went to a buffet and on sunday I ate a lot too. On tuesday I got sick from my stomach and it really hurt. I couldn't move and sleep. The pain went away cuz i got two shots for the pain. Could the food I ate be a factor of this? thanks in advance.

Holto
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
the quantity of food won't cause problems

TrevorN
02-29-2004, 03:01 AM
eat only till you just start to feel full. Anything more than that will be stretching out your stomach. You can always eat more in a couple of hours

Exnor
02-29-2004, 07:14 AM
IMO, its ideal to eat a balanced small meal every 2.5-3 hours, and in that 2.5-3 hours try not to eat anything. This gives your stomach a needed rest. Constantly over-eating can cause many problems, including: bloating, gas, IBS, stomach pain/cramps.

Cardinal
02-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Constantly over-eating can cause many problems, including: bloating, gas, IBS, stomach pain/cramps.

I have experienced each of these symptoms. Biggest culprit for me = eating too many fibrous vegetables. I have overstuffed on grains, fats and heck even junkfood like chips/heavily battered/fried foods with impunity my whole life. But after I started eating lots of 'healthy' fibrous veggies. Bam, IBS. Go figure!

thetopdog
02-29-2004, 10:18 AM
What's IBS?

Behemoth
02-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Irrital bowel syndrome.

Exnor
03-02-2004, 09:46 AM
I have experienced each of these symptoms. Biggest culprit for me = eating too many fibrous vegetables. I have overstuffed on grains, fats and heck even junkfood like chips/heavily battered/fried foods with impunity my whole life. But after I started eating lots of 'healthy' fibrous veggies. Bam, IBS. Go figure!

Going from one extreme to the other in a short period is the most likely cause of your gastrointestinal distress. It does really make sense: your body has adapted to digesting certain types of foods and getting the nutrients it needs from them, you then change the diet to include many foods you may have neglected before and the body just does not know how to cope with it. I have read that a very drastic change in diet can even cause death in some individuals, talking to extremities.

I did the same thing when I took up bodybuilding, and had the same troubles, except my problem was compounded with taking antibiotics, which just made things worse.

I would imagine that the body has to adapt to what your eating, slowly. I found that either cutting out or lowering the intake of foods that give you trouble really helps, then slowly increasing that to a normal level again.

carlossalsa8
03-02-2004, 02:31 PM
eat only till you just start to feel full. Anything more than that will be stretching out your stomach. You can always eat more in a couple of hours.

This past three weaks I have overate every saturday and sunday. I have a 10 % body fat, could this be the reason why eveytime I eat something (small meal) my stomach seems to grow? ( have a six pack but when I eat something the last two seems to get less visible) ? I eat clean and even those days I overate, it was all clean food.