PDA

View Full Version : Cardio question...

PrimeTime
09-28-2001, 07:08 AM
Ok, as you may already know guys I'm wanting to get rid of the little flab that is left on my stomach without being called too skinny, so my question is if I went for a 7 1/2 mile jog this past Tues. should I go for another one this Saturday? Or should I work out another bodypart, perhaps legs?

I've read in past threads that you told some people not to do too much cardio but just to lift, eat right and drink plenty of water (trust me i do) Still stand by that advice?

Basically is one jog enough cardio for a whole week?

Thanks

YatesNightBlade
09-28-2001, 07:11 AM
7.5 miles damn. Thats too far and too long. The best way to lose flab and keep muscle is by reducing your calories. Perform 2 - 3 30 mins moderate cardio sessions a week and reduce your calories slightly and *bingo* fat will fall off.

Good Luck.

syntekz
09-28-2001, 07:37 AM
I actually read an article in a magazine about this (7.5 miles is too much). The article said the best way to lose fat and keep muscle is to do a different type of cardio training every time you do a 'session'. It keeps your body always trying to adapt which is the best way to lose the fat.

So if you workout 3 times a week. One time do sprints, another type run up and down stairs and another time jump rope or something. Like Yates said; 30 minute sessions would be plenty.

And of course, make sure you are weight training, that's will help you keep your muscle as well and lose fat.

PrimeTime
09-28-2001, 07:54 AM
I usually start off monday with weights, then every other day! So Mon is Arms, Wed is Chest, and Fri is Back and/or Shoulders these are my heavy workout days, Tues. is usually my jog day but will soon become basketball, Thurs is abs, Sat. is open right now and Sunday my be my rest day or abs again...

How does that sound?

I'm getting about 2500-2700 calories a day, somewhere around 180 grams of protein from shakes and chicken, and my fat intake is probably just under 30% of my total calories...

syntekz
09-28-2001, 08:04 AM
Sounds good to me. With basketball season coming up you might have to change up your workouts. Especially your leg days. Just wait and see I guess. I'm sure b-ball coaches won't be easy on you; so you'll probably get your cardio in that way.

PrimeTime
09-28-2001, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah, it is brutal...Last year there were times when I couldnt think about working my legs two days after bball, especially the first couple weeks back, you'd think the jogging would keep me in shape but I still get sore the first while back, different muscles I guess...Also, I go all out too!!