PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Choice/lean Cusine for cutting..yay or nay

Focused
03-01-2004, 06:48 AM
this is about all i eat..i usually get the one with the grilled chicken breast most of the time..i just like the convience of them..most of them are low cal of course..so im a total n00b at this cutting thing, so a diet consisting of mostly these isnt a bad thing right?

Anthony
03-01-2004, 07:41 AM
I'd say you need to break the habit of eating from a container and learn to cook. :) The chicken is probably processed and the entire meal is probably loaded with sodium. Even if it's not, you need variety in your diet for long term health.

Isaac Wilkins
03-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah. I would say there are worse things you could be eating, but I wouldn't make them a staple of your diet.

Once a day at work would be easy, but probably you'd find it cheaper and just as easy to mix up a similar (better) meal at home and bringing it in with you.

Focused
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
thats a no no..i a college student and i work so i barely even have enough time to workout let alone cook...i cant cook anyway

i seem to be loosing body fat so i guess somethings working

Deathwish
03-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Buy Tyson's Breaded Chicken Tenderloins. They're good as hell, take 20 in to bake in the oven. 180 calories, 7g of fat, 1 sat, 15 carb, 15 protein. Pretty decent I think. Peanuts are always good as is cottage cheese.

Anthony
03-02-2004, 04:20 AM
If you have enough time to post on these forums, you have enough time to cook.

Focused
03-02-2004, 06:41 AM
im posting on these forums from school/work most of the time.

iLUDEd
03-02-2004, 10:30 AM
i used to eat Healthy Choice/lean Cusine meals for lunch at work, but after a while they leave a bad taste in your wallet, there kinda expensive and not filling at all, id often find myself going out to a subway after id finished one coz i was still hungry..
if u cant cook, get a foreman grill and some chicken breast's and grill away, and get some microwave vegi's and heat them up.. takes 10min max and your done

Holto
03-02-2004, 10:33 AM
im posting on these forums from school/work most of the time.

your not ready...

Focused
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
your not ready...

lol, not ready for what? :scratch:

harryhoudini66
03-03-2004, 12:18 AM
thats a no no..i a college student and i work so i barely even have enough time to workout let alone cook...i cant cook anyway

I seem to be loosing body fat so i guess somethings working

Well with that attitude I am sure you will fail miserably and not meet your goals. We will all be here when you come back next January.

Here is my sad story.

I go to school
I am a father of two small children
One of them is in school so I help with their homework
I work 8-9 hours per day
I fix computers on the side
I work out
I make my own meals
I post in this forum
I lost 75 pounds

You got time, you may just need to manage it better or you are not seriuos about this game.

Saint Patrick
03-03-2004, 03:46 AM
You got time, you may just need to manage it better or you are not serious about this game.

:withstupi

Focused
03-03-2004, 06:35 AM
you guys make it out as if im some fatass that can barely make it off the couch to workout...my workout routine is on point i barely miss a day of working out.hell sometimes i think i might be working out too much....im getting leaner and cut and my muscles are getting more defined so the dinners must be doing somthing right..

i might start cooking in the future but right now this healhy choice/lean cusine routine seems to be working so hey if its not broke dont fix it.

I still not understanding what the difference is, if i cook chicken breast with vegatables or microvewave a dinner with the same exact dinner, either way im eating the same thing. its not really burning a whole in my pocket either i catch them while theyre on sale

harryhoudini66
03-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Not the same thing. All these frozen foods have loads and loads of preservatives and sodium. Not the same when you make it yourself.

Cost wise, I have found it to be cheaper to make my food then to buy it. Also sometimes these frozen foods are more costly then buying something quick at a fast food joint. I know that is kind of contradictory, but some stuff at fast food joints is okay and better tasting. I would much rather eat a few pieces of chicken, rice and beans from El Pollo Loco then the Chicken breast and potatoes from healthy choice. There is just no comparison.

Or a Chicken bowl from Pollo Loco instead of Healthy Choice. Cost less, taste better and better for you.

Focused
03-03-2004, 09:28 AM
hey so what does sodium do to you? does it make it harder to lose weight or something? is it really that bad for you?

Anthony
03-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Too much salt has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, etc.

Focused
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
so should ALL my meals be home cooked? what about subway, thats fine right?

Max-Mex
03-03-2004, 09:50 AM
water retention.

Anthony
03-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Just use common sense ... get most of your meals from unprocessed food and treat yourself once in awhile. Most of the meat at Subway is processed, so I wouldn't make it a staple of your diet.

geoffgarcia
03-03-2004, 10:43 AM
I assume you have a fridge and a microwave?

here are some healthier alternatives:
1) oats + hot water = good carbs
2) protein shakes, MRP's, etc..., just add water and blend
3) you can purchase whole cooked chickens at your grocery store they aren't super expensive, I think around 1$ a pound
4) mixed vegetables, just add water + microwave = 5 minutes
5) most rice is microwave cookable = 10 minutes
6) buy sushi grade fish from a fish store and go to town on raw meat
7) supplement diet with fish caps, hemp oil, flax, olive oil, etc...
8) nuts
9) yogurts, cottage cheese, milk, string cheese
10) microwavable liquid eggs
11) tuna/salmon cans

furious
03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey,

You didnt seem to exactly adopt the correct nickname, focused. I myself knew nothing about cooking, because it had always been done for me. When I went away to college I quickly learned cooking for myelf was the cheapest and most satisfying way to eat. You are able to maniuplate the portions and variety of your meals, for a far reduced cost for what you would pay for food prepared by others. If you are serious about cutting, then take an hour out of your day, and make your meals to your specifications, so you can feel safe in what you are eating. Why waste your time weightlifting, if you areant willing to put you're full effort in to all aspects of the thing? I used to be just like you, and now look at me. Commitment breads excellence.

Holto
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey,

You didnt seem to exactly adopt the correct nickname, focused

he's not ready to be focused and to do the little things :nod:

hopefully we can motivate him :)

Focused
03-04-2004, 04:02 PM
like i said before, ive been doing this for years and my body is good(even though it can always be better)...the only thing im trying to do is get the abs to show better..the top portion is already showing..you guys are talking down to me with this "holier than thou" tone like im a fat out of shape loser or something..i know you guys are trying to motivate but it also sounds elitist (" i cook and you dont so your a loser and not motivated) maybe thats not what you guys mean, but it rubs off that way

i can cook and i know its cheaper blah blah blah blah, but i guess you can say im addicted to those dinners, they taste so good! :nod: i guess im just in denial and dont want to give them up!

furious
03-05-2004, 05:06 AM
like i said before, ive been doing this for years and my body is good(even though it can always be better)...the only thing im trying to do is get the abs to show better..the top portion is already showing..you guys are talking down to me with this "holier than thou" tone like im a fat out of shape loser or something..i know you guys are trying to motivate but it also sounds elitist (" i cook and you dont so your a loser and not motivated) maybe thats not what you guys mean, but it rubs off that way

i can cook and i know its cheaper blah blah blah blah, but i guess you can say im addicted to those dinners, they taste so good! :nod: i guess im just in denial and dont want to give them up!

Let me put it to you this way, you claim you have been doing this for years, how much progress have you made? Don expect results until you are willing to sacrifice for them.

Anthony
03-05-2004, 05:24 AM
You tell us you eat tv dinners all the time and ask us if that's okay. We say no, you get offended and eat them anyway.

What do you want us to do?