PDA

View Full Version : Sodium, fiber??

Gonzo
03-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I have been eating very healthy trying to get my bf% down. I am not sure what it is but i am 6'2'' 185 trying to lose a little fat around belly button area.
I have two questions.
I have read that i need lots of fiber i calculated for my weight about 30-50g a day. now I usually eat frozen mixed vegtables which has 3g per serving a box is about 3 servings so about 9g a box. now that is the highest amount of fiber i could find in a vegtable.
any other items with high fiber suggested that taste ok???
Also I have been eating a lot of boneless skinless chicken breast since it is cheap and high in protein. I usually grill it but I do use a season salt on it which i am sure is loaded with sodium. Is sodium bad if you are trying to loose bodyfat. if yes any suggestions for making the chicken taste good??
Thanks.

Anthony
03-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Most of my fiber comes from whole grain breads and cereal. Just be sure they don't throw off your total calories. As for the chicken, there are spices with no sodium (black pepper is my fav ;)) ... just browse the spice aisle at the grocery store.

Gonzo
03-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Most of my fiber comes from whole grain breads and cereal. Just be sure they don't throw off your total calories. As for the chicken, there are spices with no sodium (black pepper is my fav ;)) ... just browse the spice aisle at the grocery store.
Anthony
thanks for your advice about the fiber. About the sodium I was wondering if it is bad if you are trying to loose bf or not. I do tend to use a lot of salt that is why I was asking because if it is going to effect my diet I will cut it out?

Anthony
03-02-2004, 01:23 PM
I think 1-2g/day is what most people give as an RDI for sodium. If you are close to that number, I wouldn't be concerned.

Y2A
03-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Fiber supplement. There are powders that you mix with water... I take one called fiber-psyll and everyone within a 5 mile radius of my bathroom can attest that it works ;)

Spartacus
03-02-2004, 02:17 PM
the best way to get fiber is to eat beans. also they have lots of protein and are very low-gi.

pinto beans (my favorite for burritos): 15g fiber, 15g protein per cup.

also very very cheap.

Max-Mex
03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Fiber supplement. There are powders that you mix with water... I take one called fiber-psyll and everyone within a 5 mile radius of my bathroom can attest that it works ;)

Yea I can smell it from here.

:fart: