PDA

View Full Version : how important is fat?

waynis
03-02-2004, 05:31 PM
this is my experience with fat. every time i try to cut it out of my diet i dont seem to lose any offf my waist. maybe i cut too much so my body stores the fat??? so now im eating more fat and stay the same size as if i take fat out of my diet. its weird. can someone explain this.

Jasonl
03-02-2004, 06:11 PM
When you do cut your cals too much your body will go into "survival mode", thus casusing you to store most of your imcoming cals as fat, metabolic crash=bad news. A balanced diet with 25% of your daily cals being healthy fats, and 50% of those cals being saturated fat is the way to go. The lower abs, lower back, and love handles will be the last fat to go for males, its irritating, but its the way it is.

waynis
03-02-2004, 06:30 PM
When you do cut your cals too much your body will go into "survival mode", thus casusing you to store most of your imcoming cals as fat, metabolic crash=bad news. A balanced diet with 25% of your daily cals being healthy fats, and 50% of those cals being saturated fat is the way to go. The lower abs, lower back, and love handles will be the last fat to go for males, its irritating, but its the way it is.

yeah i hate it. everywhere else, no fat but i just got about a inch of stubburn fat on my abs. top abs are peaking threw just cant completly flatten the bottom. my sides are fine too. not much love handles... just the damn middle bottom. do u think taking a week off from lifting and doing cardio will do the trick?

Jasonl
03-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Adding some cardio(HIIT) would be a good idea, you could also use some Lipoderm http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=105, it seems to help reduce that stubborn fat.

waynis
03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Adding some cardio(HIIT) would be a good idea, you could also use some Lipoderm http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=105, it seems to help reduce that stubborn fat.

does that stuff really work?? is there any side effect to using it. u apply it on your skin right?

Jasonl
03-03-2004, 05:41 PM
does that stuff really work?? is there any side effect to using it. u apply it on your skin right?
I used it with no side-effects, and it did work quite well on the stubborn lower abs. When used in conjunction with HIIT I could see a difference pretty soon after starting it.

Scott S
03-03-2004, 07:29 PM
The main concern with a low-fat diet during a cut would be the catastrophic effect on your hormones.

waynis
03-03-2004, 08:09 PM
i might try that stuff. not sure... im going to miami for spring break beginning of april. now i want that six pack! i got 1 month to do it. now i dont know if i can get it just exercise , diet and cardio at the schedule i have. i only workout 3 days during the week(monday-friday) i could start doing cardio on the weekends but thats tough cause im usually out. like my stomach is nice... most girls would say u dont have any fat but i still dont have the washboard abs im dieing for.

carlossalsa8
03-03-2004, 11:49 PM
The main concern with a low-fat diet during a cut would be the catastrophic effect on your hormones.

wut effects??

Deathwish
03-04-2004, 10:31 AM
The membranes of your cells are made of fat so that should give you an idea of how important fat is.

waynis
03-04-2004, 04:33 PM
The membranes of your cells are made of fat so that should give you an idea of how important fat is.

my mom always tells me that, lol. i should of listened to her more