PDA

View Full Version : The Tribulations of Stick Boy

Ezekiel009
03-02-2004, 06:33 PM
My first online journal.. Hopefully this will only get better..
First off I am 16, I have always been made fun of at school for being the skinny pale kid haha, but now it is just making me more pumped to work out.
I have been working out for about 5 or 6 months now and have seen great progress but have never really took it as serious as I could. So here it goes, I am starting fresh.
Stats:
Weight:was 122 the first day I lifted a weight(clothed), now I weigh 135 naked.
Height: 6' 3.5"<--VERY tall and lanky.
I am taking this very seriously and I know you may think, Oh man, not another teenager journal, but I will be as mature as possible and I intend not to dick around.

First off, today was shoulder/back day, My workout buddy has track EVERY day so I am lifting by myself .. , but the upside is I can listen to my CD player with no interruptions
So here is what I did today:
BB Front Raise :
35 X 10, 45 X 8
Shrugs:
95 X 12, 115 X 8, 125 X 6
Lat Pulldown
65 X 8, 75 X 6
Military Press :
45 X 8, 45 X 8
Row :
75 X 8 , 85 X 6

My diet is the only thing that stands in my way, My metabolism is out of control. It is faster than a speeding jet. I can eat a full meal and about to explode and be just as hungry as I was before I ate about 20 minutes later.

Also, I am very very very weak in my benchpress, not making any excuses but I along with another user on this board , I was born without a left lower pec. But again, only makes me want to lift more. I can only see it getting better from here and I will post daily with updates and general things, talk to you guys tomorrow and I will have a detailed workout plan for my LEGS DAY WED. WAHOO.
:shoot:
Ezekiel

Saint Patrick
03-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Good luck w/ the journal.

P.S. Nice Avatar.

rookiebldr
03-02-2004, 08:27 PM
A journal is a great way to start. You're only 16 and you are already over 6' :eek: Pound the weight, eat a ton and sleep. You're going to be huge!

Good luck, Ezekiel.

BCC
03-02-2004, 08:40 PM
Good luck with things.

I'll add one comment about your workout. Although this is all made on the assumption that the order of your exercises as posted was the same during your workout.

First off, I would ditch the front raises altogether. Concentrate on training back first, it's a much larger muscle group than your shoulders. So put your rows, pull downs, and shrugs at the beginning of your workout. Then follow up with military presses and perhaps some side lateral raises.

Just a suggestion to help raise efficiency.

Ezekiel009
03-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Rookie - Thanks..Yeah, the Dr. said I am gonna be 6 6",
Thanks for the comment BCC, I did do lateral raises, just forgot about them
Oh and thanks for the comment ST patty'

Oh and Edit: Is that you in your AVA BCC? YOURE A BEAST!! :omg:

clvmike19
03-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Have at the food and liftins.....just eat more always more...itll come soon enough. If my ass can put weight on you can too. Good luck. Ill be checkin back.

Ezekiel009
03-03-2004, 03:51 PM
So today was legs day. Not only was it legs day, but a half day at school :drooling: so I got to the gym before the crowd. I did...
Standing Calf Raise:
50 X 10 X 2
Seated Calf Raise:
70 X 12 X 2
Leg Press:
70 each leg (warmup)
110 X 12
130 X 10
150 X 8
Leg Extension
90 X 8
110 X 6
Then my fav...Squats
95 X 8
115 X 6
I could barely stand, my legs were trembling... and I loved it!
But on a worse note, by very good friend has very not so good grades and has to move to his mom's house in Louisiana.. :whiner: So that kind of made the day go sour. But besides that, can't wait for chest day tomorrow woo hoo.

clvmike19
03-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Being smart and doin squats. Wonderful!

Ezekiel009
03-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Todays chest day was one of the best days I have had working out..
I did my regular benchpress which is VERY weak mind you..
So I benched:
75 X 8, then busted out my new max of TAA DAA! 95 X 1
After I got done doing all of my bench I proceded to watch this monster that looked kinda like a man incline 100's. Needless to say that inspired me. So I went up from my usual 20's for inclines and did 25's yay.
After wards I did my dips which are the best thing ever, they are my favorite chest/triceps thing EVER.
I then did tri's
Pulldowns 10 X 4
Sculls, 45 X 8 X 2 ( with a lil help :zipit: )
Today's diet wasnt so great, I felt a lil nauseas (sp?) and didn't eat much of a breakfast... So I will have to make up for it tonight.
I got home and I can't lift my arms enough to touch my back, it's the best feeling in the world, and better yet, my ass hurts sooooo bad from my squats yesterday, and I love it even more! Other than that, I am searching for a prom date, my pops said if I get a date, he will hook it up with a limo, but all the limos are already taken, so if I get a date, I will be driving the good ol' Civic. Anyways, wish me luck, Oh and BTW, I have gained 2 LBS 137 and counting!