PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to drink protein with water?

MisterEThoughts
03-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Is it ok to drink protein with water?

Severed Ties
03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Uh yeah....what would make you think it wouldn't be?

ST

MisterEThoughts
03-02-2004, 11:42 PM
because most of the people i know drink it with milk actually all do what about sunny delight? or some juice or something?

Severed Ties
03-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Nothing wrong with it really just depends on your diet. I use water when dieting and milk when bulking.

MisterEThoughts
03-02-2004, 11:54 PM
ohh
yea i am trying to gain wieght and get cut

harryhoudini66
03-03-2004, 12:04 AM
People drink it how they like it. Some people cant stand milk so they use water and vice versa.

MisterEThoughts
03-03-2004, 12:05 AM
yea i mean i love milk but i like take a **** after i drink it but i heard from people that if you keep drinking your body gets used to it? to the milk that is...

iLUDEd
03-03-2004, 12:06 AM
its recomended you have it with water after a workout because it gets absorbed quicker, and if your having a shake b4 u goto bed, id recomend u have it with milk (so you get a slower absorption throughout the night)

harryhoudini66
03-03-2004, 12:07 AM
its recomended you have it with water after a workout because it gets absorbed quicker, and if your having a shake b4 u goto bed, id recomend u have it with milk (so you get a slower absorption throughout the night)

:withstupi

MisterEThoughts
03-03-2004, 12:08 AM
what about in the morning? what about just drinkin milk in the morning with cereal?

harryhoudini66
03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
that is fine too. I think it is just of matter of what is better for you at certain times. when it comes to you diet, you want to take advantage of every little thing possible. hwoever, some of benefits and actual significnce is often debatable.

depends on the cereal. lots of cereal have too much sugar and do not get you the calories you need to take. Many people here eat 500+ calories during breakfast alone.

MisterEThoughts
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
thanks, yea i eat cereal in the morning sometimes...

Deathwish
03-05-2004, 10:39 AM
ohh
yea i am trying to gain wieght and get cut

you don't gain much muscle when you're cutting. You have to be eating a lot to really gain mass. My pre workout shake consists of milk and a banana blended with the whey. But my before sleep shake consists of water, peanut butter, and whey. The peanut butter is to slow down the digestion of the shake. The milk and banana are carbs for energy I'll need when I workout.

Khar
03-05-2004, 11:40 AM
you don't gain much muscle when you're cutting. You have to be eating a lot to really gain mass. My pre workout shake consists of milk and a banana blended with the whey. But my before sleep shake consists of water, peanut butter, and whey. The peanut butter is to slow down the digestion of the shake. The milk and banana are carbs for energy I'll need when I workout.

I'd switch the milk to the before bed shake and use water preworkout. The milk before workout is gonna cause the banana not to be absorbed quickly enough and before bed milk will slow the digestion further...

ItalianGalleon
03-05-2004, 11:43 AM
I'd switch the milk to the before bed shake and use water preworkout. The milk before workout is gonna cause the banana not to be absorbed quickly enough and before bed milk will slow the digestion further...

I agree. Also, I avoid milk in my pre-workout shake because it can give me an upset stomach. Throwing up usually ruins a workout.