PDA

View Full Version : Special Case / New Member ... HOW!!

AlexK
03-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the boards i don't know jack about what is what, i lift occasionally but have recently come to the conclusion i am lifting for nothing. I weight just about 130 I am 5'6". I can bench my own weight... My Metabolism is crazy, and it gets me no where for gaining weight. Although when i was a freshman last year in college i gained my freshman 15 like nothing, i used to weight around 115. Now i reflect back and that was considered to me to be super skinny.

Okay so the special case to factor in is that, I do not sweat, i have no pours. You ask how or why, i dunno i was born like that. Now i don't know if it has anything to do with gaining weight but, i'm beginning to think so after eating so much everday.

So far i'm a college student with a college budget but i have extra money for protein shakes etc etc... except i don't know where to start. Anyone want to help =P... Like what i should eat to gain weight, what protein shakes and how much will they cost me.

Well basically i want to gain weight, get rid of being able to see my ribs, or shoulder bones.. rather see muscle or fat lol... fat guys fat! okay sorry... but yeah i want to gain weight lifting is minor to me, and being cut is not a priority at this time but rather building mass, getting bigge.

Spartacus
03-05-2004, 03:14 AM
well do you buy your own food or eat in cafeteria?

the most important thing, though, is to eat more calories.

keeping track of how much you eat using www.fitday.com might be useful.

i don't know about yoru condition, if you know the name of it you might want to reasearch that specifically, or talk to your doctor.

Anthony
03-05-2004, 04:17 AM
How many calories do you eat per day?

defcon
03-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Your going to end up eating 4000 calories or more by the way you described yourself. I'd suggest looking into www.fitday.com as another member said, and track your calories. If your not gaining weight, then add 500 extra calories/day to your total. Track again, if you still never gained weight, add more calories.. keep going until your gaining 0.5 lbs a week. You will find yourself eating enough food for 3 people :P

Deathwish
03-05-2004, 10:20 AM
The general rule people follow is:
Bulking = BWx18
Normal = BWx15
Dieting = BWx12
So 2340 is your base amount. Depending on your body you will probably need to adjust the calorie intake so you're gaining about 1lb week. I wouldn't eat more than you body weight in protein. For extra cals try not to eat more fat but more carbs instead. Plan out a diet that you can stick to. Browse the forums for ideas. Eat clean, lift, be commited and you shall see results. If you want you can read up on weight gainers and other supplements. I don't know enough about them to recommend them to you. gl :cool:

Spartacus
03-05-2004, 10:47 AM
general rule on metabolism don't fit a lot of people. i know if i followed that i'd waste away and die. just check what is going on with teh scale to know if you need to keep addiing kcals.

Sleepr
03-06-2004, 04:49 PM
You really cannot sweat? I have never heard of that.....what is the condition called if you don't mind me asking?

Budiak
03-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Do you have body hair?

NateWheeler
03-06-2004, 05:35 PM
you dont sweat? WTF? Thats not right...

and you say you dont have pours? How can you NOT have pours? Your skin needs to breath, wouldnt you die without them?

What is this condition called? I am very very curious..

Deathwish
03-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure if you'ld died...you'ld just be really hot all the time I'ld think...atleast you wouldn't get acne haha :D

dxiw
03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
i am familiar with the condition of being unable to sweat - one thing that is very important - you need to be careful not to do much cardio or overexert because you have a several times higher than normal people chance of heat exhaustion which can lead to death..i will post more info in a few minutes

dxiw
03-07-2004, 07:53 PM
the condition is called anhydrosis go read about it