PDA

View Full Version : sushi?

tongster
03-06-2004, 06:58 AM
I was just wondering if sashimi is a good source of protein. I know fish is a great source, but does it matter that its raw? From what i understand the body can only process the protein in an egg if its fully cooked. Does this apply to sashimi or raw fish?

manowar669
03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Excellent protein source. More nutritious raw (heat destroys many nutrients). Tear it up!

Rockybehri
03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Are there dangers of eating raw fish?

tongster
03-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Cool, i love sushi. and Rocky, im talking about japanese raw fish, sashimi. i eat it a couple times a week, ive never had a problem with it.

wleon
03-07-2004, 07:39 PM
this is great... I love sashimi... I can't stand salmon cooked, but raw is great.. it did took me a few times to get used to the idea of eating raw

wleon

Deathwish
03-07-2004, 09:09 PM
There are a few dangers...but nothing much to really worry about. It's not actually straight raw. It's just cooked so little it might as well be. Atleast I think so. Don't quote me on that one.

HemiVision
03-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Are there dangers of eating raw fish?

Hepatitis is the major concern with sushi. But I'm not worried enough to stop eating it.

mmckinley
03-07-2004, 09:58 PM
you can get vaccinated for hepatitis for like $30.

wleon
03-07-2004, 10:00 PM
all sashimi is all raw, nothing cooked.... I ussually sit in the sushi bar and talk to the chef... and does all sashimi all raw..unlike some sushi which is cooked... I worry too but I guess so far everything has been fine .. I guess I will keep eating eat ..even thoght it is quite expensive

wleon

HighExpectation
03-08-2004, 12:21 AM
it is quite expensive

YES, it is. If i could eat it everyday it would be cool, but my wallet doesnt allow me too. haha

TiGeR AK
03-08-2004, 03:58 AM
this is great... I love sashimi... I can't stand salmon cooked, but raw is great.. it did took me a few times to get used to the idea of eating raw

wleon

i'm exactly the same.. i hate cooked salmon with a passion..

but for some reason, raw salmon is my favorite of all sashimi/sushi.

geoffgarcia
03-08-2004, 08:07 AM
all sashimi is all raw, nothing cooked...
at the sushi places I go you can get sashimi in: blackend pepper tuna, smoked salmon, eel and a few other things that are cooked...

wleon
03-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I think eating smoked salmon would be probably "better" than raw ..... even though I wonder if the bad bugs would die from a little smoke.... but maybe they do... We have only one shishi bar in town, I will ask the chef for some smoked salmon as sashimi next time.. maybe is good ..... I also like salmon sashimi, I eat it in top of while rice with some soy sauce.... is great...

wleon

Shao-LiN
03-08-2004, 10:59 AM
I think eating smoked salmon would be probably "better" than raw ..... even though I wonder if the bad bugs would die from a little smoke.... but maybe they do... We have only one shishi bar in town, I will ask the chef for some smoked salmon as sashimi next time.. maybe is good ..... I also like salmon sashimi, I eat it in top of while rice with some soy sauce.... is great...

wleon

Ordering salmon sushi would be cheaper if you're already still eating the rice.

ElPietro
03-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I eat beef sashimi all the time. It pretty much is raw, I mean, I think they take the meet and sear it on either side for a second before they slice it into thin strips, but it tastes damned good. I've been having that for years now.