PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my gear!!!

dxiw
03-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone, I just ordered my powerlifting gear through monstermuscle.com I bought:
-Inzer Standard Blast Bench Shirt - Single Ply - 40,48,13 (fully relaxed measurements)
-1 Magazine
-1 lb of chalk
total: 57.50 including shipping

one question - when I get my shirt should I start training in it using my normal routine and weights or bump up the weights or save the shirt for the competition? any help greatly appreciates - I plan to attend my first competition in 2 months

defcon
03-06-2004, 10:55 AM
First impression was: "Did you mean to post "Just bought my gear!!!" in the anabolics forum?" :P

Upon reading: I would suggest you do some workouts with the shirt on, with the same weights as normal, then start to up them to your new limit. I've never used a shirt myself, so don't take this infomation as the gospel :P.

dawk20
03-06-2004, 01:50 PM
You definately need to use the shirt before you compete with it. Start out with your normal weights and make sure you've got a good spotter and someone to help you get into the shirt. I got my first shirt a few weeks ago and it took 25 minutes to get the thing on and we still couldn't get it on all the way. When I finally took it off it looked like I'd gotten attacked by a bear on both my arms. Anyway, A relaxed fit shirt will most likely offer the least amount of improvement so don't think just because you've got the shirt on you'll be able to handle rediculous amounts of weight. Hope this helps you

HighExpectation
03-06-2004, 07:02 PM
What makes this shirt different from any other shirt. Im relatively new and I am curious.

dxiw
03-07-2004, 10:11 PM
its not a relaxed fit shirt - those are my fully relaxed measurements - the shirt is a couple inches under..

Adam
03-08-2004, 08:48 AM
The shirt is made of really tight polyester/denim/canvas and is not made like a reg. shirt. You have to see/where one to fully understand how tight they are.