PDA

View Full Version : Hard boiled eggs (whites)

Ozzy Osbourne
03-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Anyone eat them? Easy to separate the yolk and you get ALL the whites, not like when I fry them and half the whites are left stuck to the pan (maybe I need a new pan). I don't know about the taste though, a little nasty.

Khar
03-06-2004, 09:56 PM
scrub the pan thoroughly with a sponge and some dish soap before use. Then use some pam on the pan. If i don't clean my pan very well the same happens to me.

bentkarnes
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Anyone eat them? Easy to separate the yolk and you get ALL the whites, not like when I fry them and half the whites are left stuck to the pan (maybe I need a new pan). I don't know about the taste though, a little nasty.

i eat 4 a day at least, if you dont like the taste that much put a little pepper and salt on a small plate and dab the egg on it before u dig in. and i also love it for seperating the yolk from the white too, works good.

Daz
03-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Whats the best way to cook your eggs and how.

mmckinley
03-08-2004, 01:32 PM
fill a pot with water, gently set the eggs in the pot, turn on medium high heat, after the water starts boiling wait 15 minutes or so and dump it out in the sink then run cold water over the eggs and you're done.

GiantKiller50
03-08-2004, 01:35 PM
even tho its time consuming, i like to hard boil em bout a dozen at a time (place cold eggs in pan with cold water, place over heat until boiling, then leave on lowest heat setting and let sit for 10 min) then its really easy to separate the yolks from the whites, and i give the yolks to my dogs they love em

(sorry to the poster above i guess i just took too long to type, were on the same page tho!)

Shao-LiN
03-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Whats the best way to cook your eggs and how.

However you feel like cooking them.

DavidyourDuke
03-12-2004, 04:04 PM
What's so bad about the yolks? A hard-boiled egg has only 80 cals

geoffgarcia
03-12-2004, 06:02 PM
just use the powder...its cheaper, no need to cook, easier to store, and according to the writeup below its also better than regular eggs

2$ = 1 carton acme eggs ____________ 240__0__2__48 (cal/fat/carbs/pro)
1.5$ = 1 dozen lg eggs (whites only)___ 198__0__4__42
1.5$ = 1 dozen lg eggs (whole)________ 894__60_7_74.9
1$ = 1/7th lb Egg White Protein_______ 257__0__4__51.4 (protein factory.com)
2$ = 2/7th lb Egg White Protein_______ 514__0__8__102.8 (protein factory.com)

Egg White Protein is extracted from pure egg whites then processed into powder form. It yields a higher protein ratio than liquid egg whites. Egg Whites provide an excellent source of amino acids and are high in the sulfur producing amino acid which is crucial in anabolic hormone production. Has a PER of 3.9 and a biological value of 88.

Egg Protein still remains a favorite choice of protein for many bodybuilders. Egg protein possess a high biological and PER value, making it a good choice for muscle mass gains. The amino acid level is not as high as the whey's, but egg beats out soy and caseinate for usability. Use egg protein with a combination of whey concentrate for a good economical protein source.

What's so bad about the yolks?in the past it was believed that they raised cholesterol levels, I believe that has since been proven to be a myth