PDA

View Full Version : cleaning up diet, always craving bad foods

Ozzy Osbourne
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
I started cleaning up my diet a bit, not that it was all that bad before. Right now I basically eat:

BREAKFAST
oatmeal
eggs
skim milk
banana

LUNCH
turkey breast or tuna sandwiches
rice or pasta
skim milk

DINNER
either chicken breast or salmon or cod fillet
vegetables
pasta or potatos
skim milk

SNACK
can of tuna, 1 or 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
skim milk

repeat process the next day and the day after that, etc....

I've noticed that i am CONSTANTLY craving other foods, like chips, burgers, crap like that. But like I said, this isn't really that much different from how I used to eat before, and I never used to eat alot of crap food, just once in awhile, so what's up with that? How does this diet look in general?

Saint Patrick
03-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Give yourself a cheat day once a week so you don't go nucking futs.

Or maybe a couple cheat MEALS throughout the week.

Jasonl
03-06-2004, 10:49 PM
nucking futs.
Nucking futs, I saw that movie about an hour ago. Anyway, cheat days are great, you don't feel bad about going crazy with junk. I'm sure the cravings you are having are due to lack of junk. I swear fast food has crack in it... It can be a shock to your body at first, but you'll get accustomed to it soon enough.

furious
03-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Nucking futs, I saw that movie about an hour ago. Anyway, cheat days are great, you don't feel bad about going crazy with junk. I'm sure the cravings you are having are due to lack of junk. I swear fast food has crack in it... It can be a shock to your body at first, but you'll get accustomed to it soon enough.

I feel you're pain bro. I was in the same place to you are a while back, but honestly, once you eat healthily long enough, you actually begin to crave good foods, as i believe you'e body begins to retrain itself. I will always have a taste for Pecan Pie in particular for example, but oddly enough I find myself craving Tuna more often, because I know it good, plentiful for me, and ultimatley a benefit to my body. Cheat days are awesome, and definetly neccesry, but make sure to use them as a reward, rather than a staple or regular event in you're diet.

mmckinley
03-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I always try to have some kind of health nut literature around. I usually read like a nutrition book or even men's health or something while I'm on the can. It helps keep me motivated to eat right. I suggest Superfoods RX for starters. It tears you down and builds you up to eat some superfoods.

Paladyr
03-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Ever since I moved to eating 6 meals a day I really don't crave sweets like a used to, since i'm never hungry. That would be my suggestion.

Shao-LiN
03-08-2004, 02:05 PM
If you have a sweet tooth, the zero carb jell-o usually does the trick for me. Only 10 calories. A diet soda usually sets me straight too.