PDA

View Full Version : Mic Soloist's Road to Swoll

Mic Soloist
03-08-2004, 08:10 PM
I've been posting here for a little over a year and I have decided to start a journal. I am currently cutting. I started my cut at 175 about 4 weeks ago. I am now 169 and holding there. The only cardio I've been doing is 5 on 5 bball a couple times a week along with some time on the eliptical trainer but not so often. I am taking in about 1700 calories per day but I have been cheating one time per week with some beer. My goal is to get down to 160, or 7-8% BF by May 1st.

My current stats:

5'11

169-170 pounds

33 inch waist

14.5 inch arms

42.5 inch chest

15 inch calves

15.5 inch neck

I bulked from 152 to 175 over the course of my first year. I was learning most of the year and I didn't start bulking right(eating enough) until the later months of 2003. Now I am cutting for the first time and having problems. I have some terrible genetics I believe. I'm looking very good for my size but it's about 10x as hard for me to lose weight and get cut.

Supplements:

100% Whey Protein(3 scoops per day), Vit. B & C (1 of each in the morning)

Diet

Meal 1: 1.5 cups Cheerios w/ 2 cups Skim Milk

Meal 2: 1 scoop Whey Protein w/ 1/2 cup Skim Milk

Meal 3: 1 can Chicken Chunks(same deal as tuna) w/ 2 teaspoons low fat mayo and 10 whole wheat mini crackers

Meal 5: 2 tablespoons natty p-nut butter w/ 1/2 cup Skim Milk

Meal 6: 1 can Light Tuna Fish w/ 2 teaspoons low fat mayo and 10 whole wheat crackers

Meal 7: 2 scoops Whey Protein w/ 1/2 cup Skim Milk

On workout days I have 1 scoop Whey w/ 1 cup water after workout. I am eating about 1700 calories per day. I get my body weight in protein if not more and I'm trying to limit my carbs as much as possible.

Current Routine

Sunday: Legs/Abs/Bicep

Monday: Rest or Cardio

Tuesday: Chest/Tricep/

Wensday: Back/Abs/Light Bicep

Thursday: Rest or Cardio

Friday: Rest or Cardio

Saturday: Shoulder/Light Abs

I'm gonna try to keep track on here and get this damned fat off that is keeping me from showing the muscles I've worked so hard to get in the last year. I am probably about 12-14% BF at this point. The only places I have fat on my entire body are my obliques, lower chest, and midsection. It isn't much but it's enough to give me more of an hourglass look that the V shape I'm shooting for. So I am determined to knock that fat off my body so I'll look lean and mean this summer. I moniter my calories on fitday and I will post my workout numbers and everything on here.

Of course any and all advice/help is welcomed and needed. Wish me luck.

Alke
03-08-2004, 08:22 PM
AWESOME!

glad to see you in here with a jounal man, Good luck!

:spam: :spam: :spam:

Saint Patrick
03-08-2004, 08:37 PM
I suggest you drop the bicep work on sunday and just hit them hard on wednesday.

Good luck w/ the journal.

Mic Soloist
03-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Today I went to the gym and played hard bball for over 4 hours and I'm dead. I didn't eat much at all today. I should have about 1600 calories by bedtime though, so that'll be str8.

Tomorrow is chest day, I cant wait.

-mic-

Saint Patrick
03-08-2004, 11:24 PM
1600 cals is too low, especially since you did cardio for 4 hours.

I'd say up it to like 1800. Also you should get some calipers to track your progress. You may be losing bf% without dropping pounds.

Dedicated
03-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey goodluck with the cut!

Mic Soloist
03-10-2004, 10:37 PM
My chest day got pushed back until today because I was just to tired to do anything yesterday. So I went to the gym about 8:00 PM and started on my chest/triceps. I've been repping 75 pound DB's for presses but decided to go with 70's this week to do more reps.

DB Presses - 70 pound DB's

Set 1: 8 Reps
Set 2: 8 Reps
Set 3: 5 Reps

Decline DB Presses - 60 pound DB's

Set 3: 7 Reps

Weighted Dips - Body Weight + 30 pound DB

Set 2: 7 Reps
Set 3(just body weight): 8 Reps

Cable Tricep Pushdowns - 140

Set 2: 8 Reps(cheated on last 2)

Cable Fly's - 80 pounds on each side

Set 2: 6 Reps
Set 3(switched to 70 pounds): 8 Reps

I had a ass kicking workout and came home and had 2 scoops of Whey with water and ice. I am down to 167 and I'm hoping I will be at about 8% BF by the time I'm at 160. If I can lose this weight the right way it'll be great.

Tomorrow is Back/Bicep day so I'll be back(no pun intended) then. :strong:

-mic-

Mic Soloist
03-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Well today is back day and I'm planning to go in and raise some hell. Hopefully I will improve on my pull-ups since I've lost about 6 pounds.

I'll be "back" with a report.

-mic-

Mic Soloist
03-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, I just got back from the gym.....

Today was back/bi day but it ended early when my right arm starting hurting worse than it's ever hurt in my life(thankfully I've never broken it). The other night I woke up and my arm was totally dead. I had to lift it off of me. I think I was sleeping on it but it has hurt mildly since. It didnt bother me much yesterday through my chest workout but today was a different story. I got through most of my workout but I did one set of preacher curls and it began to hurt terribly. To the point I had to leave. It is still sore but when my pump went down the pain eased up. Here is what I managed to get in.

Pullups - Body Weight

Set 1: 8 reps

Lever Pull downs - 240 pounds

Set 1: 7 Reps
Set 2: 5 Reps

Lever Rows - 160 Pounds

Set 3: 8 Reps

After that I did a set of preacher curls, got to 5 I think, and my right arm folded. It was right when UofL was losing to Cinci in the C-USA tourny so I was already pissed off. The pain just made it worse. The good news is I got in the majority of my back work. I still gotta do Shrugs. I'll probably do them on shoulder day. I'll skip biceps this week, which is no big deal. I just hope my damn arm is ok. I dont know what is wrong with it. Did I pull a muscle, or pinch a nerve??? Any ideas would be great....

Anyway, still cutting. Gonna take in about 1700 calories today and I'm still keeping my carbs low. Hope to be at about 165 by this time next week. I can already tell a little difference. I'm looking a little more cut and thats after only dropping about 6 pounds, so hopefully I'll be around 8% if I take my time and get down to 160 the right way.

Any thoughts are always welcomed..... peace

-mic-

Mic Soloist
03-13-2004, 07:07 PM
i'm taking this weekend off to let my arm rest. Tomorrow is shoulder/ab day so hopefully I'll be ready to go by then. Still kinda sore.

Mic Soloist
03-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Today I did my shoulders and abs. My right arm started hurting towards the end of my workout. If it doesnt stop hurting I'm gonna go to the doctor. This **** sucks. Anyway,

Seated DB Press - 60 Pound DB's

Set 1: 4 Reps
Set 2: 3 Reps

55 Pound DB's

Set 3: 6 Reps
Set 4: 6 Reps

Shrugs - 85 Pound DB's

Set 1: 10 Reps
Set 2: 12 Reps
Set 3: 12 Reps

Lateral Raise - 100 Pound BB

Seated Ab Crunch Machine - 110 Pounds

Set 1: 20 Reps
Set 2: 20 Reps
Set 3: 20 Reps
Set 4: 20 Reps

I got a nice burn today. I was a little disappointed with the low number of reps I was getting on my DB presses. But I am cutting so I guess that's to be expected. I haven't been being as good with my diet as I should. I have been drinking more in latley but it is spring break so I guess I shouldnt worry much about it. I need to focus on knocking this body fat off ASAP though. I feel like my abs are never gonna be visible. But I'm gonna keep busting ass until I reach my goal.

Mic Soloist
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
heading to the gym for chest day.... should be a good one.

Mic Soloist
03-23-2004, 02:00 AM
I haven't posted in here in a week. I also haven't worked out in a week due to doctors orders. My arm was to sore and he said it needed rest. I did cardio this week and took some time to chill. The time off has given me even more inspiration to go back and hit it strong. I talked to Saint Patrick on Aim for a while tonight and got some more important info that should help me continue this cut the right way. So I'm going to be totally committed and come in here and fill this beeeyoch out every day. It is time to get cut up for the summer!!!!

Calories: 1609
Fat: 44
Protein: 167
Carbs:147

P: 41%
C: 34%
F: 25%

My food intake was very low today but tomorrow I return to 1700-1750 per day. I am going to have a refeed day very soon. It'll be my first one ever, so I'll tell you how I do. Also I should be getting pics up soon....

Current stats:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 168
Chest: 43 inches
Arms: 14.5 inches
Waist: 33 inches

I think I'm about 13% but I could be as low as 11 or as high as 15. I gotta get checked again.

My goal is 7-8% by midsummer and stay at that until the start of fall when I will go on a long clean bulk up to 190 or so.

Time for bed......

-mic-

Mic Soloist
03-23-2004, 02:06 AM
My New Routine..... gonna see how this goes for a while. No big change but it'll give me some inspiration to take my ass to the gym on Saturday and do cardio by putting some iso bicep work in there. Though I probably won't do more than a few sets.

Sun: Legs/Shoulders
Mon: Cardio(45 minutes eliptical)
Tues: Chest/Triceps
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Back
Fri: Rest
Sat: Bicep/Forearm/Cardio(40 minutes eliptical)

Mic Soloist
03-23-2004, 02:10 PM
I didn't get much sleep last night but I drank some diet coke and I got quite a bit of energy surprisingly so I'm hoping to have a good first day back in the gym. I just hope my damn arm doesn't act up. Feeling alright for now. I'm gonna get a good meal in me and head to the gym in a couple of hours. I'll be back with a report later.

Good News of the Day: It's starting to get warmer here in Louisville!!! Means I gotta really get this cut going and get my ass to the tanning bed or something. My girl was making fun of my whiteness in class today. Beeeyoch. I also had a pack of baked Doritos at school today. Didnt need the extra carbs but I was starving....

Mic Soloist
03-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Just walked in from the gym :strong: and I'm sippin on a tasty vanilla whey protein shake..... don't u wish you were me?? :hello:

I would call todays workout solid. I got a good pump, I'm very worn out, and I was able to get through my workout without any incredible arm pain. Here is what I did on my Chest/Tricep day...

Decline DB Presses - 65 pound DB's

Weighted Chest Dips - Body Weight + 30 pound DB

Set 2: 7.5 Reps
Set 3: 8 Reps(Body Weight + 20 pound DB)

Cable Tricep Pushdowns - 130 pounds

Set 2: 8 Reps done very slow with perfect form(120 pounds)
Set 3: 12 Reps done even slower with perfect form(100 pounds)

Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press - 105 pounds

Set 1: 6 Extra Slow Reps(By this point my triceps were about to rip through my skin and come outta my arm. I decided 1 set with low weight was enough. My right arm was also beginning to hurt and I didn't want to overdo it.

Cable Cross-Overs - 70 pounds on each side

Set 1: 12 Reps
Set 2: 10 Reps

Towards the end I think I pushed it a little to far and my arm started hurting. Though the pain was not nearly as bad and now it is 25 minutes later and the pain is pretty much totally gone. GREAT SIGN!!

Taking a week off helped me because not I am energized and once again determined to make progress with this cut. I have a new routine and a new mindset. I think I was getting off track quite a bit and finding excuses for not working as hard as possible. My body was showing it too. I think with the new routine and the new approach along with the stricter eating(and drinking :alcoholic) I should be heading towards my goals. Tomorrow I'm gonna rest my retarded arm and do 45 minutes on the eliptical or play bball. Hopefully play ball because thats a lot more fun that standing in place next to a bunch of other people...

My diet has been clean but rather low in calories today. I did have some baked lays at school which gave me some extra carbs I don't need, but I was starving. I'll post my nutrition stats before bed. Thats all for now.

-mic-

Saint Patrick
03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
New routine looks decent, but I'd say do biceps on thursday w/ your back workout.

Dedicated
03-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Your routine is exactly like mine except I do shoulders with Chest and Tri's. Also I don't plan cardio incase I really need the day off. Looks really good, I think it will work. I did Biceps/Forearms today actually:)

Edit - I just started this routine so I can't really say it worked for me, I'm optimistic though.

Mic Soloist
03-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the advice and comments guys. I finished today up with a little bowl of wheaties and 2 scoops of whey with skim milk. I had way more carbs than usual today but I will run them off tomorrow. Overall I feel like today was great.

Calories: 1804
Fat: 47
Carbs: 180 :bang:
Protein: 171

Here is my fitday journal for anyone who wants to peep it....

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MicSoloist&Year=2004&Month=2&Day=23

Be back tomorrow. :thumbup:

Mic Soloist
03-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Today I played bball for a couple hours. Nothing to intense, just some pick-up games at the park. Probably should have hit up the eliptical but oh well. Also I am gonna change that workout plan.

Sun: Back/Bi
Mon: Cardio(45 minutes eliptical)
Tues: Chest/Tri
Wed: Cardio(45 Minutes eliptical)
Thurs: Legs/Shoulders
Fri: Rest
Sat: Rest

I'm gonna work abs in a couple times per week. This will allow me to have my weekends free. My gym closes early on the weekend anyway so it'll be good.

I'll be back with diet later....

Mic Soloist
03-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Calories today

Total: 1775
Fat: 48
Sat: 7
Carbs: 163
Fiber: 3
Protein: 184

Hoping that keeping it around 1800 plus the added cardio will benefit my cutting goals.

For now, it's time to hug my pillow for a few hours..... goodnight

Mic Soloist
03-25-2004, 08:44 PM
i was busy today but i got in a quick workout.

BB Squats

Set 1(Warmup): 105x8
Set 2: 175x12
Set 3: 195x8
Set 4: 195x8

I'm working my way back up with squats but I probably wont go much higher while cutting. I feel like I'm getting a good workout with around 200 pounds.

Lying Calf machine

3 sets of 20 reps with 215 pounds. I went light this week but I can get the whole weight of the machine up. My legs were tired though

Seated DB Shoulder Press - 55 pound DB's

I also played about an hour of bball today. I basically just did a rushed version of my usual leg/shoulder day.

I'm tired as hell today, gotta get some sleep.

I'll leave my food stats later.

Mic Soloist
03-26-2004, 01:39 AM
My diet totals for today kinda sucked. I'm out of Whey and I was to full to eat another meal so I went to bed without getting my bodyweight in protein. Also my carbs were kind high. I gotta go get some whey ASAP.

Cals: 1637
F: 46
C: 159
P: 154

Tomorrow and Saturday are my rest days but I'll probably do a bunch of cardio tomorrow anyway.

I'll be back tomorrow to post diet and activity....

Gonna get some good sleep tonight!

Mic Soloist
03-29-2004, 04:29 PM
its been a crazy couple of days. One cheat day(friday) turned into three days of not training and a faulty diet. I went out Friday night and had a few beers. I decided since I ate well Friday besides the beers I would have some good stuff Saturday. I didnt eat anything bad either day but I didnt get enough protein and I probably had more carbs than I should have. Yesterday I was going to do back/bi day but my gym was closed early for some dumb reason. So last night I went and played intense bball for a few hours. Then I had to take my friend to the hospital.

I'm out of protein and cant buy any until Thursday cuz my GNC card isnt valid till then so it's bout to be a few low protein days in a row. Sucks but I'll get through it.

doing back/bi today

Mic Soloist
03-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Just got home from the gym for the first time since leg day on Thursday. I was kinda weak compared to usual but overall I had a good workout considering. I took my frustration out on the iron.

Back/Bi/Abs

Wide Grip Chinups - Body Weight

Set 3: 4 Reps
Set 4: 3 Reps

Lever Rows - 160 Pounds

Shrugs - 75 Pound DB's w/ 2 second pause at top

Set 3: 10 Reps

DB Curls - 35 Pound DB's w/ as close to perfect form as possible

Incline DB Curls - 25 Pounds

Set 2: 5 Reps

Crunch Machine - 110 Pounds

Set 1: 25 Reps
Set 2: 25 Reps

Ball Crunches - Body Weight

Now I'm drinking my shake and recovering from soreness I got playing ball last night. We lowered this rim to 9 feet and it was a dunk fest. I got the **** beat out of me trying to dunk on folks but it was fun as hell. I think I'm gonna start doing that on Friday nights instead of killing a 12 pack.... might be better for my body.

I feel incredibly bloated today, and I was 170 when I weighed in the gym. Which is very disappointing since I was down to 167 last time I weighed. My goal of 7-8% BF is not coming easy. I have been slippin though so hopefully I can totally get my **** together this week and get back on track. 10 pounds should not be this damn hard to lose, but I am blessed with a terrible metabalism. So I gotta work extra hard.

I'll be back with nutrition stats later.

Mic Soloist
03-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Here is yesterdays calories and breakdown. Notice it sucks cuz I didnt have my protein shakes. I'm gonna have to get buy till Thursday until I get some Whey....

Cals: 1658
Fat: 41
Sat: 5
Poly: 4
Mono: 9
Carbs: 183
Fiber: 4
Protein: 144

Good news is I had a kickass workout today. I'll be back with info later.

Mic Soloist
03-31-2004, 12:31 AM
Today was a much needed ass kicking day at the gym. I woke up incredibly sore this morning. My back, arms, and chest were very sore. I don't know why my chest was sore but it was. I am guessing it was a combination of bball and lifting yesterday. My biceps got a hell of a workout. It's like they've been pumped since I lifted yesterday....

So today was chest/tricep day. I was thinking of doing this tomorrow and doing cardio today due to my soreness. I'm glad I didn't wait. I decided I was gonna mainly go for lighter weight and higher reps today. I started out on my bench press and did much better than last week with the 70 pound DB's. Then I moved right along and kept getting strong lifts. I had a lot of energy and I really dont know where it all came from. It certainly wasn't from sleep cuz I didn't get much last night. Anyway, here is my workout....

Incline DB Presses - 55 pound DB's, 50 pounders for second set

Weighted Dips - Body Weight + 30 pound DB

Set 2(just body weight): 8 Reps

Cable Tricep Pushdowns - 130, 110, 110(Made sure to use perfect form and go slow)

Cable Fly's - 60 pounds on each side(very light this week)

The thing that made my workout so good today was that it was very intense with little rest. I did this whole workout in under 45 minutes. The weight was lower than what I've used in the past but I used great form and squeezed out a lot of reps on each exercise. This should be good while cutting. I know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I think my body is starting to really look good compared to what I was seeing a few months ago. I still need to get my upper body more cut up, but the size is there and my arms are starting to take a nice form. I'm feeling positive right now, which is good because I've been down for the last week or so. Mainly due to my bullsh-tting and not working as hard as I could. I'm ready to hit the gym tomorrow and do 45 minutes on the eliptical.

Here are my diet stats for today. Again, the protein is low and the carbs are high but I will have my whey back Thursday.

Cals: 1768
Fat: 52
Carbs: 167
Protein: 159

Dedicated
03-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Nice workout Mic, I notice your a big fan of dumbells. Also I notice you have a pretty big chest, so my question is, when you first started using dumbells, did you see really good improvements? Curious because I ordered some dumbell handles and well I'm excited and hoping I will see some improvement by adding dumbell bench, military, shrugs, and maybe rows into my routine.

Anyways keep the awesome work, it's cool to read your journal because our stats are similiar and we are both cutting.

Mic Soloist
03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Nice workout Mic, I notice your a big fan of dumbells. Also I notice you have a pretty big chest, so my question is, when you first started using dumbells, did you see really good improvements? Curious because I ordered some dumbell handles and well I'm excited and hoping I will see some improvement by adding dumbell bench, military, shrugs, and maybe rows into my routine.

Anyways keep the awesome work, it's cool to read your journal because our stats are similiar and we are both cutting.

I am a huge fan of dumbells. I started lifting in January 2003 and I used a smith machine for bench work. Then I found wwb a couple months later and learned that smith machines weren't very effective. Since I work out alone I decided DB's would be a better route to increase strength and really push myself without the fear of dropping a BB on my dome. So I picked up some 50 pound DB's and got started. Since then I have moved up as high as 75 pounds. My chest grew very quick. I seldom use BB's at this point. I would suggest trying out the DB's. They have worked great for me.

Thanks for checking out my journal

Mic Soloist
03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
today I took my ass to the gym with intentions to do 45 minutes of cardio on the eliptical. The machines were full so I headed over to the treadmill and dide some running, jogging, fast walking for 30 minutes. Most of the time was spent jogging at a steady pace. I watched the McDonald's All-American dunk contest while jogging so that kept my mind busy.

I felt like I got a nice cardio session in but I'm sticking to the eliptical from now on.

Tomorrow is leg day, I'll be back with my daily calories before I pass out later.

Dedicated
03-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Sweet, now I'm really excited about using dumbells, can't wait!!!

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 01:49 AM
I worked out thursday, did legs and shoulders. Then I had a cheat day Friday, but didn't eat very bad. Just didnt get much protein and had a few beers. Yesterday I ate light and went out to a show. I've been busy but I will post my workout from Thursday when I get my chart out of the car. Tomorrow is back/biceps followed by Chest/Triceps on Tuesday. I hope this week is just as hardcore as last week. I'm ready to smash some weights tomorrow.

Here is todays calories. I may have a refeed tomorrow.

Total: 1807
Fat: 47
Carbs: 166
Protein: 179

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 03:21 AM
Well, today is gonna be my first refeed ever. I planned it out in advance and this is what it will look like..... hope this is good.

Total: 3189
Fat: 51
Carbs: 386
Protein: 301

Lots of honeynut cheerios, tuna, whey, subway, milk, and various other foods. I hope this goes well. I'm going to bed and I will be getting up in 6 hours to begin this stuffing process. Advice and feedback of any type will be helpful.

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Well I decided against sleep. It got to be 7 in the morning and since I didn't get up until 5 yesterday I figured I would ride this bitch until the wheels fall off. So far my first refeed day is going well. I have already had 2 cups of honey nut cheerios, 2.5 cups of skim milk, an apple cereal bar, and 1.5 scoops of whey.

I just got back from the gym.... it's rare I go early in the morning. I was a strange mix between strong and weak. I had extra strength from the carbs I ate right before lifting but a lack of energy due to no sleep. I will make up for the lack of sleep tonight on my full stomach. I'll probably pass out right after the Uconn-GTech game. I am gonna go to Taco Bell and get two Bean & Cheese Burritos for dinner. I've been dying for one of those for a while now. I can feel my body yearning for this food. I have been starving myself for two damn long!!! LOL, don't you love the drama?? Anyway, here is the workout stats.

Back/Bicep/Abs

Chin-Ups - Body Weight

Set 2: 5.5 Reps

Overall I felt very weak on the chins.... I know I should be doing better but I have only been doing these for a little over a month. Before this I was doing some machine sh-t for my back. My back actually looks good, but my strength is terrible IMO. Oh well, I will progress

Machine Rows - 160,160,160,150

Set 4: 8 Reps

After my second set, an old Jewish man next to me looked over and said "slower reps, lighter weight." He then followed that up with "If you tug the weight to fast you are doing cardio and putting little strain on your muscles."

Now this is the first time in my 1 year 3 month romance with the iron that I have ever been given any type of advice from a stranger in the gym. My first reaction was "Mind your own business you scrawny old man!!!" But luckily I kept that thought in my head. I then realized that this old dude had a point. I was doing my reps rather hurried, and it would be best to slow down. I usually don't do any speedy reps and in general I think my form is damn good. But when your running on no sleep your brain tends to wonder off at times and I actually thanked the old fart for reminding me to maintain focus. Anyway, back to the workout...

Ab Machine Crunches - 110 Pounds

Ball Crunches - Body Weight

DB Curls - 40,35,25

Incline DB Curl - 25 Pound DB's

DB Shrug - 75 Pound DB's

I went into the locker room and flexed a bit after I was done. I really think I'm starting to look more cut up. I've only dripped about 4 pounds in the last 6 weeks of this cut, but I am starting to see more defined muscles than ever before. I am probably back around 10-12% now. I intend on getting the hot trainer chick at my gym to do another caliper very soon. I am still setting my goal at 160 and then I will decide what to do next. I am probably going to keep cutting/maintaining until fall. Then I'm going to start a huge bulk, this time with more knowledge than ever. Hopefully I will shoot up to around 185-190 and see how things are looking. But that is far in the future. Today I'm gonna stuff myself, enjoy some bball(though I don't care about either team, my UK Wildcats and UL Cards already lost), and rest for tomorrows chest/tricep day. Hopefully I'm doing this refeed thing right, but either way it'll be great to eat some good sh-t for once. :thumbup:

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 04:52 PM
My refeed day is going aight so far. I've had 4 cups of honey nut cheerios, a can of tuna on 2 pieces of bread, 1.5 scoops of whey, 4.5 cups of milk, an apple cereal bar, and I'm going to get a big ass bean and cheese burrito for dinner during the game.

I will be back with stats later..... Hope I'm doing alright.

Alke
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
chins are HARD, but dont give up on em!

refeeds are great!

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 07:12 PM
*eats big ass bean & cheese burrito from Taco Bell*

:clap:

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Man, I feel fat as fukk right now. I dont think I've eaten this much in a day in years!!!!

Mic Soloist
04-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Here are my final stats for my first refeed. I am STUFFED!

Calories: 3168
Fat: 49
Carbohydrates: 409
Protein: 275

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=MicSoloist&Year=2004&Month=3&Day=5

Mic Soloist
04-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I just woke up and I'm feeling pretty straight after my first refeed. For breakfast I had 1 scoop of whey with .75 cup skim milk and 1 cup of cheerios with 1 cup of milk.

I got class at 1:25pm so I think I'm gonna try to get my workout in about 11:30am instead of the usual 8-9 at night. Only if I feel like it though. I'm feeling pretty good right now, so it should be aight.

I'm gonna be real strict about my diet for the next few days. I'm gonna try to keep it right at 1700-1750 calories per day.

Today is chest/tricep day and tomorrow I'm gonna do cardio. If I workout this morning I may go back and do a lil cardio tonight. We'll see how the day goes.

Song of the Day - 2pac - My Block

Dedicated
04-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Good to hear the refeed went so well, keep it at it man.

Mic Soloist
04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the support bro...

I am not Jewish, but I work out at the Jewish Community Center. I have been a member there for years but I didnt start lifting till January of 2003. They have 3 very nice weight rooms and tons of cardio equipment, two college quality bball courts, 3 huge pools, and anything else you could ask for. But the problem is they are closed a lot. Today was one of those days. Since I'm not Jewish I am not very familiar with their holidays:(

So after getting to my gym and seeing that it's closed, I drove on down the road to Powerhouse and spent the 5 bucks to have a single workout. As always when I go to Powerhouse, I am surrounded by huge motha... shut yo mouth. But that is always good inspiration for a cat like me. My workout went pretty well considering I was in a different gym than usual.

Chest/Tricep Day @ Powerhouse Gym

Flat DB Press - 70 Pound DB's

Set 3: 6 Reps

My flat bench felt good today. I was happy to get two full sets of 8 with the 70's. I was getting three full sets before I started cutting but two is a good thing during the cut. I go to failure on every set so that isnt bad. I'm sure the 3000+ calories yesterday didnt hurt anything.

Decline DB Press - 60 Pound DB's

Set 1: 9 Reps(I was going for 10)
Set 2: 8 Reps(was going for 8:))
Set 3: 7.5 Reps(hit failure right in the middle of the 8th rep... damn!!)

Dips

Set 1(Body Weight): 8 Reps
Set 2(25 pounds + Body Weight): 6.5 Reps
Set 3(25 pounds + Body Weight): 6 Reps
Set 4(Body Weight): 7.5 Reps

I always have more trouble doing dips at Powerhouse. I dunno what is different about the dip bar. But my weakness today was due to the 6 bench press sets I did before the dips.

Cable Tricep Pressdown - 120, 110, 110

I was going for lower weight and higher, slower, reps with perfect form. Mission acomplished. :)

Cable Cross-Over - 70,70,80

Set 3: 7 Reps

Machine Flat BB Press - 135 Pounds

Set 1: 6 Reps

I did that last set to burn out my chest instead of push-ups....

Overall I had a very solid workout. I think I will be sore tomorrow. Since my gym is closed for a couple days I will not be doing cardio there tomorrow. But since it's nice outside I will try to play bball outside today and tomorrow.

I gotta run to my other class but I'll be back with more later....

Mic Soloist
04-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Gotta new job today. Gotta be there at 8:00am for orientation. Should be fun. Hopefully I wont have to adjust my routine much. My diet has been good today.

Total: 1770
Fat: 52
Carbs: 147 31%
Protein: 191 43%

Mic Soloist
04-07-2004, 08:14 PM
I got up early today, went to my new job, came home a few hours later, took a 4 hour nap, woke up, and now I'm chilling. I am sore and tired. I'm gonna get some more good sleep tonight.

Mic Soloist
04-08-2004, 02:49 AM
4-7-04

Calories....

Total: 1712
Fat: 55 28%
Carbs: 137 30%
Protein: 179 41%

Mic Soloist
04-11-2004, 09:02 AM
I did shoulders and legs on Thursday.

I started my new job Thursday and I've worked 8 hours for three days in a row. I took Friday and Saturday off from the gym and I am going to go do Back/Bi's tonight after work.

My diet has sucked for two days. I havent gotten enough protein and havent been eating enough food. Plus I've eaten some junk food at work. I feel like I'm adjusted to the new job though and I'm planning on taking some good stuff to work today.

So I've gotten semi-off track again this weekend but no big deal. I'll be back in the gym tonight. I dunno how much I like taking two days off in a row during each week. I may adjust my routine...

we'll see

Mic Soloist
04-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Did a quick 45 minute back/bicep today on break at work....

Chin-Up's - Body Weight

Set 2: 6.5 Reps

Machine Rows - 160 Pounds

Pulldown Machine - 190 Pounds

DB Curl

Set 1(40 Pound DB's): 8 Reps
Set 2(30 Pound DB's): 10 Reps
Set 3(30 Pound DB's): 8 Reps
Set 4(25 Pound DB's): 10 Reps

DB Shrug - 75 Pound DB's

Set 1: 10
Set 2: 10
Set 3: 12

This was an intense workout because I took hardly any time in between sets. I just started this new job and I get two breaks that last about 45 minutes to an hour each. For the first break I drove home and had tuna, second break I went to the gym. Luckily I work next door to my gym, and the gym and my work are less than a mile from my crib. I like the new job. It's at a nursing home. We have lots of good food daily so I'm very tempted to cheat. And I'm tempted to have been when I get off. But I've been good today....

I'll post my diet later.

Mic Soloist
04-11-2004, 09:11 PM
4/11/04

Total: 1697

Fat: 34 17%

Carbs: 144 33%

Protein: 196 45%

Alcohol: 12 5% (had one light beer)

ryuage
04-11-2004, 09:25 PM
wheres the new job at

Mic Soloist
04-12-2004, 05:48 AM
It's a nursing home. I work in the kitchen in "Dietary". I basically wash dishes, prepare food, and do other kitchen work. It's 40 hours a week plus I have school the two days that I dont work so I'm gonna be busy. I am determined to make sure my diet and workouts dont slip though. I'm gonna have to work hard though. I'm going from not being busy at all, to being very very busy at all time.

But I know many others juggle much more so it's time to go into soldier mode.

Dedicated
04-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Yup, it's all about how bad you want it man. Solider mode all the way.

Mic Soloist
04-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Today was my off day from work. I had two classes today but the first was canceled and I didnt go to the second one due to rain/sleet and freezing cold. I did go to the gym.... my gym was closed so I returned to Powerhouse to build with the monsters.

Chest/Abs

DB Press

Set 1: 70's X 8
Set 2: 70's X 8
Set 3: 70's X 8
Set 4: 70's X 6

This is the first time I've gotten 3 solid sets with the 70's since I started cutting. I felt incredibly strong today and I have no clue why.

Incline BB Press

Set 1: 115 X 8
Set 2: 115 X 8
Set 3: 115 X 8

Dips

Set 1: BW+30 X 8
Set 2: BW+30 X 8
Set 3: BW+30 X 8

Crazy Ab Machine

Set 1: All Plates X 20
Set 2: All Plates X 20
Set 3: All Plates X 20

WHOA my abs were sore as hell and drained after this. The machine was dope as hell, I wish my gym had this thing.

Cable Cross-Overs

Set 1: 140 X 8
Set 2: 140 X 8
Set 3: 160 X 8

Incline Bench Machine

Set 1: A bunch of plates X 4
Set 2: A bunch of plates X 3

I did those to max my chest out. I have no idea how much I did but it was heavy as hell....

Well, I left the gym feelig great. I haven't felt that strong on a chest day since I was bulking. I felt very strong and it was though my chest and arm strength would not go away. I only failed b4 8 ONE TIME on my whole regular workout. And that was on the 4th set of BP I usually don't do. This is incredible improvement from last week. I hope it keeps up. I also hope I can continue to shed some weight... It's tough with this new job. Constant temptations.

B Back lata

Mic Soloist
04-17-2004, 10:43 PM
i've been working a lot of hours but I've managed to keep my diet somewhat decent. I've been getting lots of protein but I did have a cookie here and there out of pure hunger at work.

I got in an arm day and a shoulder/ab day in the last three days. Both were good and my lifts were stronger than previous weeks. Strange because I was down to 167 on last weigh in. If I can keep this weight off I only have 7 more pounds to go. Then I gotta get another caliper done. Hopefully I'll be around 8%. We'll see.

I'm gonna try to get back to posting in here daily.

Mic Soloist
04-22-2004, 06:55 PM
I've been working so much I haven't been keeping track in here but I have been very strict and I've been keeping track of my workouts on paper.
I had an incredible chest day Tuesday where I did sets with 75 DB's for the first time since I started this cut. Today I did legs/triceps.... I got a new routine I'm gonna try to fit in with work

Sun - Shoulder/Tri
Mon - cardio/off
Tue - off
Wed - Back
Thu - Chest
Fri - Legs/Biceps
Sat - cardio/off

I work almost every day. I get one weekend a month off so that's good. My diet has been pretty good with some minor cheats at work. But I've been stuck here at 168 for a while. However, I'm looking better in the mirror. I'm gonna post my nutrition stats tonight and start tracking my lifts again when I work out Saturday. I'm off tomorrow night for the first time in a while so I'm going out to party. A much needed break. But I will be back to post Saturday. I'm feeling damn good, and damn dedicated as well.

Dedicated
04-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Maybe you gained a little muscle, and that's why you are looking better in the mirror. Keep at it man.