PDA

View Full Version : Up & Down With My Weight

-TIM-
03-08-2004, 10:06 PM
I know you're body is going to be up and down a pound or two on a daily basis, BUT! I've been very regular the last month and the quality of my diet has increased in the last week or two. I also bought a very quality protein mix last week to add to my diet. I got on the scale today and it showed that I dropped a good 3 pounds in the last week or two. I was very shocked.

What I want to know is, is it normal for you body to take a hit when your diet and routine kick into high gear? Because I was expecting to have seen the scale go up a bit instead of down. Thanks.

galileo
03-09-2004, 06:14 AM
Perhaps you're losing weight from all of the stress in your love life. *cymbal crash*

But really, it is definitely normal for your body to retain more or less water based on your diet. Your sodium intake, type of carbs you're using, and overall calories will definitely play into that. I wouldn't worry about what the scale says, just worry about what the mirror says.

Stabber
03-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Perhaps you're losing weight from all of the stress in your love life. *cymbal crash*

:D i know how that goes

Stabber
03-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Guess I should answer you since I made a smart a$$ comment.
Yea, my weight fluctuates too Tim. I weigh myself every morning. But as said, trust the mirror not scale. Some days I look real cut in the mirror, but I'm showing myself as 2 lbs heavier.

This is common sense, but I noticed if I starve myself part of the day, I look really cut the next day. Unfortunately, I do this a lot when I'm with a girl (dont have an appetite around girls.........for food anyway :D )

Alke
03-09-2004, 09:17 AM
yeah, my bulk is doing that to me....on weeks I go easy and work the weights, my body weight goes up a pound or two according to plan.

but on weeks I feel good and up the intensity of the workout, my weight will not change and have to up the calories to compensate for the increased workload to gain the next week.

Shao-LiN
03-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Weight fluctuation is definately normal. Like was said, pay attention to the mirror and if your lifts are still going up, you're good to go.

-TIM-
03-10-2004, 12:34 PM
I understand that weight fluctuation is normal. But my weight is usually around 191-193 lbs. I was curious if an increase in diet would shock my system in any way and cause it to drop to a fluctuation range of 188-190 lbs before I would start to make gains on my bulk (or whatever you want to call it :)).

raniali
03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
yes, i believe it would. it has happened to me.
i think there are times when we underfeed our body along with heavy training and when you finally provide adequate, quality nutrition, your body is in hog heaven trying to repair all the damage you have inflicted.
enjoy it while it lasts though.

-TIM-
03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks Raniali. That's more of what I was thinking. I knew I should expect slight fluctuations and I know when my body is being hit in a different way. I usually don't worry about slight changes and only what I look like in the mirror but as you can see in my sig I'm trying to hit 200 lbs by May 1st. Wish me luck, I'm eating like a horse!

raniali
03-10-2004, 03:30 PM
instead of eating oats and hay like a horse, chow down on doughnuts and cookies. like i said, enjoy this moment while it lasts.