PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using/familiar with the Eating-for-Life cookbook?

bruejam
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
I picked it up a couple of months ago and haven't had a bad meal yet. The meals seem very well-balanced. Several friends of mine have purchased the book after looking through my copy and have been very happy.

I know there are varying opinions about Bill Phillips, but this book has made the transition from garbage diet to bulletproof diet very easy for me.

Anyone else have experience with the book?

etwa
03-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Anything Bill Phillips has written is golden with me. The 40-40-20 diet works well and if you want to learn about nutrition and get back into working out do a Body For Life challenge. The workouts are very basic but the nutrition was a lifesaver.

Eat clean.

Daz
03-09-2004, 03:53 PM
I need to know has anyone here tried the challenge.

etwa
03-09-2004, 04:09 PM
I have done 2! Now I just follow the nutrition portion and work split sets.

Daz
03-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I need to know does it work, i have seen the video and would love to look like jeff seidman. Are the results true and what was your gains.

etwa
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
I used it to lose weight, clean my diet and build mass. The first challenge my body fat went from 34% to 24%. My second challenge did not go as well but I have seen some good muscle mass gains. I think that the results are possible but it all depends on where your starting from. For me it was more of a lifestyle transformation than to go for the win in twelve weeks. Here is my take on BFL. It is designed for the average person who is out of shape and does not know much about nutrition. It has easy to follow routines and allows you to adapt and build upon each workout for twelve weeks. It is marketed towards the masses so it is easy to start and stick with. Buy the Body For Life book and give it a read.

Daz
03-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I have the book, Its the photos are they realy true and did you see jeff seidmans change. I think he looked fantastic

Shao-LiN
03-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Any non-stupid diet will work for most people. So, if it suggests eating less calories than maintenance, a healthy macro breakdown, and exercise...yah, it should work.