PDA

View Full Version : Eat, Eat, EAt, but what about getting fat?

jixxxer
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Ok, I'm 30yrs. old 5'-11.5" weighing 206# right now. Have about 16% b.f. but would love to STAY around 10%. Workout 4-5 days a week (no cardio) and been doing so for a solid 1.5 yrs.(off and on all my life). How do u guys get muscular and cut at the same time? I have always struggled with this. I can get big, i got up to 224 a while back , but was carrying 26% b.f., then i went down to 190# but looked to small (skinny), hit some gear and thats where i'm at now. What do u guys eat to gain weight while not getting to much fat weight? I dont have a strict diet, although i try and not eat a lot of carbs, mostly protien. Plz advise. Let me know if u need additional info.

Thanks

Shao-LiN
03-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Monitor your calories, really. You gain fat with excessive calories. Fat is expected on bulks, so most people just go on bulking and cutting cycles. If you're gaining too much fat, then lower your calories.

Paladyr
03-09-2004, 09:03 PM
A very select few, if any people gain muscle without gaining fat... it's just that the more muscular you are, the better you "wear" that fat.

Maybe one person in this forum is so meticulous with his/her calorie counting that they can gain almost no fat and mostly muscle.

Shao-LiN
03-09-2004, 10:37 PM
There's still some fat in there, it's just they distribute it evenly around the body rather than around their mid-sections like the rest of us normal people, hehe.

Deathwish
03-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Set a goal of how many pounds you want to gain. Once you get there, cut down to around 12% bf and then go bulk again. I wouldn't go higher than 18-20% before cutting again.

Y2A
03-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Maybe one person in this forum is so meticulous with his/her calorie counting that they can gain almost no fat and mostly muscle.

His name is aka23.