PDA

View Full Version : Going to the bathroom after protein shake

parlayin
03-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Whenever I eat a decent-sized meal, protein shake, weight gainer shake, or even an Ensure Plus drink, I end up having to take a dump and sometimes the shakes mess w/ my stomach. Does this make the stuff I take useless, since it just flows through my system, or is that just the waste? Does this happen to anyone else?

Deathwish
03-09-2004, 09:43 PM
What are you puttin in your shakes? Maybe you stomach just doesn't like the supplements...

parlayin
03-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Like i said, it's not only protein shakes, it's any kind of protein shake, weight gainer, or even if I drink a lot of milk. Stuff just goes through my system. I don't put anything in em besides the powder and milk

xxr79xx
03-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Like i said, it's not only protein shakes, it's any kind of protein shake, weight gainer, or even if I drink a lot of milk. Stuff just goes through my system. I don't put anything in em besides the powder and milk

You might be lactose intolerant...

harryhoudini66
03-11-2004, 09:10 AM
:withstupi

NateWheeler
03-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Well its obviously getting digested. I know I take a dump twice a day, and pee about 5-6 cause of all the water I drink. I would say its fine, but if its "messing with your stomach" something must be wrong.. and what does that mean? Do you get a stomach ache or something?

parlayin
03-12-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I just get a stomachache and feel like taking a dump. But once I do, I feel better. I just don't like the bloated feeling.

Exnor
03-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Does your shake contain milk?

If you need to go like 1/2 an hour after your drink then its most likely to be lactose intolerance.

Max-Mex
03-12-2004, 04:41 AM
lactose intolerant. try a an egg based protien powder and use water only. Might taste like crap, but it won't make you crap.

JRockTTU
03-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I agree, lactose intolerant. I'm lactose intolerant which sucks because I can't take advantage of milk protein. You just gotta find ways to supplement differently. I know the only protein I've tried that doesn't bother my digestive system is Designer Whey. Also, try buying Lactose free milk, they carry it at a reasonable price at Wal-Mart and it comes in 2%, low, or no-fat (don't buy Soy milk, it tastes good but soy supposedly lowers testosterone levels). Kinda sucks because I didn't develop Lactose intolerance until I was 18 or 19. Hope this helps and lemme know if I can help ya out any more.