PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition is scary!!! little help would be great

TKoziol
03-10-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm just starting to lift weights, but I've always done cardio. Could someone explain what I should be eating on days I workout, and on days I don't. I am doing WBB#1 routine. I understand it's a personal thing, but ANY and all help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I workout at nights, either 7-8 or 8-9. This stuff is confusing the hell out of me. During the week I can really only fit 4 meals in maybe. I get up at 8am, have breakfast, lunch at 12:15 then get out of school at 2:15pm. I really need to get on a good nutritional plan, I know I can stick to it, but I don't know where to begin AT ALL.

thanks a lot

Tyler
aim: mob00six

Jasonl
03-10-2004, 10:09 PM
I would run a search to avoid getting flammed.:) This topic has been covered lots of times.

Deathwish
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
It has been covered serveral times. Search the board for cutting diets also try looking through people's journals. Here's my general cutting diet.

7 AM Breakfast:
1/2 Cup of Egg White
1 Piece of Whole Grain/Wheat Toast
1 Cup of Milk

10 AM Snack:
1 Large Banana
1/4 Cup of Peanuts

12 PM Lunch:
Either 6" Subway w/ Double Meat
or 2 Small Chillis from Wendy's

4 PM PreWorkout:
1 Cup of Milk
1 Serving of Designer Whey Glycerlean
1 Cup of Grapes or 1 Banana

6 PM PostWorkout:
2-3 Tyson Chicken Tenderloin Strips

8 PM Dinner:
Varies...try to eat whatever I need to hit my 2200 Calorie goal so usually about 300-500 calories

TKoziol
03-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Alright, I tried searching, first time it timed out (lousy comp at my aunt's house).

But maybe you can answer this:

If I am trying to increase the amount of weight I can lift, but I also have more body fat than I would like. Should I still cut and still lift?

Deathwish
03-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Yes. Cut until you get to around 12% bf. Then start bulking. But you must be lifting the entire time. You won't see much gains when you cut since your muscles don't have enough energy to really grow. But once you start bulking, you'll notice huge increases. I'm in your same situation. I have excess fat but I want to get stronger. So I'm cutting now. Once I hit around 12% I'm gonna start bulking. You should also do Cardio...I do HIIT about three times a week.

TKoziol
03-10-2004, 10:48 PM
thanks a lot deathwish. I do quite a bit of cardio, I run about 12-13 miles a week. Do I go to a doctor to measure my bf %? I think once I figure out a good plan for me I will be golden.

thanks again bro

Shao-LiN
03-11-2004, 12:56 AM
All about goals. If you want to shed fat first, then cut. If you want to gain muscle, then bulk. Personally, I try to cut down to around 10% before I consider bulking again. As for measuring bf%, you can buy bodyfat calipers online or from a nutrition store...or you can go to a gym and ask them to measure it for you.