PDA

View Full Version : Is eating really THAT important?

ReturnedFire
03-11-2004, 04:08 PM
hee hee... outnumber

i eat breakfast at 7:45, and then i don't have any chance to eat until around 2:30-3:00. then i usually gorge myself then, and sometimes i don't eat again that day. and if i do it's pretty late, at around 9:00.

i haven't gained any weight since i started working out a month ago. how should i go about getting in more calories w/o getting an ulcer or stomach problems or something?

:burger: :strong:

phatmonky
03-11-2004, 04:09 PM
hee hee... outnumber

i eat breakfast at 7:45, and then i don't have any chance to eat until around 2:30-3:00. then i usually gorge myself then, and sometimes i don't eat again that day. and if i do it's pretty late, at around 9:00.

i haven't gained any weight since i started working out a month ago. how should i go about getting in more calories w/o getting an ulcer or stomach problems or something?

yes it's really that important

Whitebread
03-11-2004, 04:11 PM
hee hee... outnumber

Eating is the most important part of your routine. It is best to eat more meals throughout the day, but if you are restricted (like myself), then eating larger servings is fine. I've never heard of someone getting an ulcer from eating too much, usually they are from not eating enough. If you haven't gained any weight, I think it's safe to say you need to eat more. From what I've read, if you haven't even put on at least a little more fat (depending on your metabolism) then you aren't doing something right. Speaking or metabolism, could you describe yours? That would enable us to help you further.

Budiak
03-11-2004, 04:11 PM
You can gain weight on three meals a day. My first bulk was 3 meals a day. Three BIG meals a day.

When do you lift?

Here's what I'd do. I'd load up on your carbs and get protein and **** during the first two meals, then the very last meal of the day- and its important you eat that last meal- eat a majority of your calories from protein and fat. Like just have a .75-1 pound of lean ground turkey with some cheese or something.

Just...calories, man. Make small peanut butter sandwiches you can eat during the day, or bring protein shakes in tupperware. If you have no appetite, make sure you get your vitamins. B12 especially. Load up on B12, its known to be a good appetite stimulant.

ReturnedFire
03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
my metabolism is quite fast. i've always been a toothpick.

i lift at around 1:30 on sun/wed, and at 12:30ish on fri. i would eat at these times, but i need to work out on an empty stomach, or else i get an allergic reaction :(

so i am really hungry by around 2:30-3:00, so i eat a nice variety, usually rice, can of tuna, 2 or 3 eggs, ~2 cups soy milk, an apple, etc. i eat till i'm quite full.

but then sometimes i don't feel hungry at ALL for the rest of the day. i sometimes just go to sleep having eaten only twice.

hmm

Budiak
03-11-2004, 04:40 PM
If you want to get bigger, learn to forcefeed. If you think that the big guys who are always eating are always hungry, think again.

Whitebread
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
I have to say, though, that after a while of constant eating, you seem to train yourself to always desire a FULL stomach. I mean, if I miss a normal meal time by so much as half an hour or was unable to eat normal amount of food, I get sharp hunger pains. I'm not one of those people who can go without food for a long time, you'll always seem me eating something.

BTW, I eat 3 to 4 meals in the day. Breakfast at 7, lunch around 12, I work out after school from 3 untill whenever my workout is done (usually 4:30 at the latest), get home eat a large meal, then eat again around 8 to 9 o'clock.

raniali
03-11-2004, 05:32 PM
i would eat at these times, but i need to work out on an empty stomach, or else i get an allergic reaction :(

an allergic reaction to lifting and eating? like breaking out in hives? please inform the uninformed (like myself) since this is very unusual.

bottom line is - you need to eat. and eat. and then eat some more. eat high cal foods when you do eat. and even when you don't want to eat, shove it down. i pretty much hate eating anymore (unless it's chocolate or sugar-laden) but mind over matter.

Paladyr
03-13-2004, 04:44 PM
let me put it this way. For about 5 years, I had been working out like an idiot wondering why I wasn't getting any stronger. I was working out thinking "i want to get bigger but I also want to cut." Well thank god last year I found this forum and discovered to get bigger... duh.... you have to eat more than usual. It is more important than your routine.

ReturnedFire
03-14-2004, 09:28 PM
gotcha guys. thanks.

guess i'll just have to cram it in... *barf*

:D

ranialli : yeah it's called "exercise-induced anaphylaxia" or soemthing like that :D. it's kinda the same as bee stings and stuff, but for me, it's very acute if i exercise after eating.