PDA

View Full Version : My experiences so far

Chubrock
03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
I don't have very many posts, but I've been hangin' out here for awhile. About a month and a half ago I joined the gym and started liftin. Almost 4 weeks ago I decided I wanted to start bulking so I started what I thought was an increase in my caloric intake. After the first week, I had dropped 4 pounds, so I had to make an even greater increase. Over the last two and a half weeks, I have found a diet that is allowing me to eat clean and gain about half a pound a week. So far I have gone up an average of 15lbs on all my work out weights w/ my incline going up 20lbs. I feel better, stronger, and I'm starting to put on some nice size in my arms and shoulders. I'm 5'11 165 so any size is good for me LOL. The thing is, I thought I would be adding on some body fat while I was bulking, but I'm actually starting to see my abs. Is it possible that I have found just the right amount of lifting and calorie consumption, that allows me to gain mostly muscle and no fat? So far this routine is working great for me and I'm def. going to stick with it.

Saint Patrick
03-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Congrats on the progress man, keep it up

Chubrock
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks Patty and good luck on your competition.

PizDoff
03-12-2004, 04:06 PM
"I'm 5'11 165 so any size is good for me LOL. The thing is, I thought I would be adding on some body fat while I was bulking, but I'm actually starting to see my abs."

Heh, are you fairly new to lifting?
Same thing happened to me.

People round here call if newbie gains.

*Shakes Fist in anger*

Chubrock
03-12-2004, 08:05 PM
The only lifting I ever did was 2 years ago and that was only for about 18 weeks, so yea I guess I am pretty new to lifting. HAHA I have no prob. with "newbie gains" as long as they are gains and not in the other direction.