PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys eat cottage cheese?

xxr79xx
03-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Anyone here ever tried blending it up in a blender? I tried it the other day it took some work but it came out the same constancy as Yogurt. I added some fruit and it wasn’t so bad.

Jasonl
03-12-2004, 01:00 PM
I'll have to try that, usually I just force it down as fast as I can. I hate the taste of it, but the ends justify the means.

RickTheDestroyer
03-12-2004, 01:10 PM
I actually really genuinely like the taste of it. I eat it straight out of the tub. Mmmm mmmm. I have gotten a few tubs that didn't taste "off" exactly, but were kind of weird and sour tasting. Normally it's creamy and delicious.

chops
03-12-2004, 01:32 PM
i like it sweet. i use combos of the following:

equal
sugar free jelly
chopped nuts
cinnamon or nutmeg
sugar free maple syrup
dried fruit
sliced /frozen berries or banana
cocoa powder
sugar free flavored syrups (i have torani almond and caramel)
peanut butter

tastes good blended smooth with protein powder too.

bruejam
03-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I add raspberries to mine. I know, sounds weird, but it is awesome! Which reminds me... (runs to fridge)

Paladyr
03-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I too eat it straight. You just have to find the right brand... or at least that's what I had to do. Some made me want to vomit. I actually found that the generic brands taste a lot better.

ogarchamplin
03-12-2004, 03:22 PM
i like some sugar free applebutter with it..i also tried this and it wasnt bad

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup non fat yougurt
1/2 1% milk
2 scoops of strawberry whey protien
blend and drink

EdgarMex
03-12-2004, 03:28 PM
I'll have to try that, usually I just force it down as fast as I can. I hate the taste of it, but the ends justify the means.

:withstupi

to mask the flavor a bit I mix it with 2 packets of Splenda and half scoop of chocolate or strawberry flavered whey per half cup of cottage cheese

wleon
03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
i pretent is yougur and mix mix with strawberries and water ,.. and make a shake

wleon

Saint Patrick
03-13-2004, 03:08 AM
I actually really genuinely like the taste of it. I eat it straight out of the tub.

Ditto.

Rockybehri
03-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Some times I drop a few fresh strawberries in it. I agree I really like the taste of cottage cheese. I'll eat it straight if I wasn't looking for a more complete snack.

Ebu
03-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Im with the others who just really like it.

Shao-LiN
03-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I love it. The smell is another thing, but the taste is just fine by me.

prof
03-15-2004, 09:27 AM
chuck a tin of pinapple chunks in it yumm yumm

prof
03-15-2004, 09:27 AM
chuck a tin of pinapple chunks in it yumm yumm

or a teaspoon of honey

Scott S
03-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Ditto.

I usually eat a container a day. No complaining to be found here.

genEus
03-15-2004, 07:34 PM

I usually eat a container a day. No complaining to be found here.

Whoa - the stuff is loaded with sodium. On the other hand - if you choose the unsalted kind - I guess it's all right. Can't have your cake and eat it. :scratch:

Scott S
03-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Whoa - the stuff is loaded with sodium. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Actually, since I don't have hypertension, I *can.* :D

pusher
03-15-2004, 08:17 PM
I prefer cc and pickles, yumm!

Mademan118
03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
i add pepper to it...

Khar
03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I prefer cc and pickles, yumm!

Oh, I think I just vomitted myself.

ecliptic
03-17-2004, 02:32 PM
I usually get a tub of it and a spoon and get a good spoonful out and put it on crackers and eat it. I dont mind the taste of cottage cheese but I dont think I could eat it straight out of the tub, so this is an easier solution. I usually use Ritz crackers or Triscuits, although I like it better on Ritz. Pretty simple and doesnt taste bad at all.

JustinASU
03-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah I eat a whole tub of it every night straight...that's 3 cups...

Well that's what a real man does anyway....if your stomach is weak you can add your fruit.

xxr79xx
03-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Well that's what a real man does anyway....if your stomach is weak you can add your fruit.

:moon:

thetopdog
07-27-2004, 08:20 AM
just get a good brand, at home in Toronto I have no problem eating a tub at a time if I need to, but when I go to school in New Jersey, all the brands I've tried taste like complete $hit. I couldn't believe that cottage cheese could taste that bad. Maybe that's why all you americans don't like it, if you find some good cottage cheese it will taste decent

IRN-BRU
07-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Eat it on toast, straight or with some pepper. Or...

Mixed half n half with Tuna, and some chilli powder, on toast again. This is best, tastes great, low fat, high protein. Had this with salad last time actually instead of toast.

Mixed with baked beans (tomato sause), errr on toast. This tastes nice, and it's a nice pink colour:-) Sometimes microwave this pink stuff, hmmm.

I have some Ryvitas to cut out some of the wholemeal toast.

CC is great stuff.

Knotfreak
07-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Mixed half n half with Tuna

I actually found that out this weekend. My girlfriend was making me a tuna sandwitch and added cottage cheese instead of mayo. It tasted great. It turns out she's been doing this all the time for herself.

Mr. ?
07-27-2004, 10:13 AM
I like to eat it plain. I will only eat Swiss Valley because every other brand I have tried just doesn't taste good to me. My wife on the other hand will mix it with different berry flavors of yogurt... stand clear its coming back up! :drooling:

manowar669
07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
I mix 2 tsp Splenda with a cup of Cottage cheese and a tablespoon of Natty PB. Tastes like cheesecake to me. I'm thinking of blending it with a stick blender and putting it in a pie crust and taking it to a party. I'll just stick "atkins friendly" on a note beside it. At least half of everyones' fat girlfriends are on an Atkins-type diet these days, and they're deluding themselves anyway, so they won't even notice that the pie crust is NOT Atkins friendly. (They'll wash it down with 6 or 7 Michelob Ultras anyway)

I too love Cottage cheese straight out of the tub, so I don't really need to dress it up. I just do this as a treat sometimes, as a before bed meal.

I never thought of the tuna/cottage cheese mix, I'll have to try that as a tuna salad sorta thing, maybe with some garlic powder, chopped onion, and celery on whole wheat toast. (Damn, I'm hungry.)

zen
07-27-2004, 10:27 AM
What's so good about cottage cheese? High in protein?
I always assumed cottage cheese was high in fat.... :o

Scott S
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM

High in protein, has some calcium...

Have you ever heard of skim and 1% cottage cheese? :p

time2grown06
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
I like to slice up a nice, fat, juicy, red tomato and then cover it with cottage cheese. Then I top w/ black pepper and either red vinegar or bannana peppers. Yum!:nod:

KingWilder
05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm good just adding some pepper to it. I have come to enjoy the taste.

phatmonky
05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
What's wrong with fat?

TRITON
05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Raw.

Axatem
05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I looked at mine last night:

Per 1/2 cup:
13g protein
5g fat
5g carb

And that's for the regular (not low fat or light) Purity CC.

I don't actually eat mine straight from the tub any more. It kept going bad faster that way. Not sure, but I think the lactobacillus in my spit on the spoon was spoiling it. I just know it keeps longer if I put it in a bowl and not put a used spoon in the tub. Of course, now that I go through a 1.5 pound tub in three days it probably wouldn't be an issue.