PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for eating meat/eating faster.

KeMiKaL
03-12-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm not really a hard-gainer or anything...I've put on about 15 lb in 6 months. Been trying to eat a lot, but hasn't been that consistent.

My biggest problem is with chicken. For some reason it takes me about 5 minutes to chew one piece of chicken before I swallow it. So of course, takes me like an hour to eat dinner since I can't chew anything.

You guys have any tips for making chicken go down better? The best I've done is marinating it in tomato sauce, makes it moist and a lot easier to chew for me.

Chicken is the only real problem I have, any other meat I can eat.

Is chicken that important? I've read it's the best because it has the lowest fat out of any of the other major meats.

Saint Patrick
03-12-2004, 05:34 PM
If you're eating it plain, then yeah it can be pretty dry.

I use some kind of sauce, like ketchup/mustard/salsa/Heinz 57/BBQ Sauce.

geoffgarcia
03-12-2004, 05:48 PM
turkey is lower in fat than chicken...
but you need fat in your diet...so don't rule it all out...

anyway...I don't know how you prepare your chicken, but it sounds like you gotta be doing it wrong...please describe your procedure and what exactly your cooking (breasts, thighs, skin, bones, whole, etc...)

KeMiKaL
03-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Well i looked over the recipies....gonna have to try some of those.

Mainly I think it's that I can't swallow unless it's really chewed up or something, just have to force myself to swallow it.

Psychological I guess, like swallowing big pills.

Khar
03-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Come spend a day with me, I eat so fast its unbelievable...I'm a fat man stuck in a not fat man's body. I can eat my whole days worth of food in 10 mins if I really wanted to.

Budiak
03-13-2004, 05:45 PM
May I ask why exactly its hard to chew your food? Do you have salivary gland problems? Chicken shouldnt be that dry. Try broiling drumsticks for about 13 minutes at 425 degrees, with the skin on. Remove the skin after cooking, and you'll have just the right amount of fat on the chicken to make it taste better and be far more juicy without causing a major increase in fat content.
I guess you're right, you're just going to have to learn to compliment with sauces and the such. Try cooking really lean ground beef with a can of stewed tomatoes. Do the same with lean ground turkey- you can get 1% fat ground turkey and its dry, yes, but is easily dressed up.

As for eating speed, I ate 1827 calories last night for dinner. 10 eggo waffles, 1.5lbs of chicken, both with the appropriate condiments,and two bowls of cereal in about 15 minutes.

That was kind of a large meal, yeah...