PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss

KeepPushing
10-01-2001, 09:08 AM
My question is how much weight loss is possible in 3 months ?

I am 225 right now . 5"7"

I want to be in the neighborhood of 190-200 by december 24th.

I know there arent exact figures and it really depends on the type person,body,diet.

But im looking to see couple results .

My diet is right now low carbs lots of protein and cardio every day.

I cant afford a gym right now so im doing cardio . Hopefully next month i can get a gym pass.

Weight Training is a key role by due to some situations i cannot weight train right now ...

But my goal is to lose as much wieght ( as much fat as i can ) in by christmas day.

Someone throw me some of there results or give me a ballpark figure so i have something to work for :D

syntekz
10-01-2001, 09:13 AM
I think you could lose that much very easily, but you are also going to be losing a lot of muscle as well. Especially if you're not weight training.

You in school, do they have a weight room you could use their?
Any weight training would be better than none and it would help in fat loss as well.

KeepPushing
10-01-2001, 11:11 AM
i was doing cardio this morning and i also realized that.

Maybe ill figure out someway to get 90 bucks... I was thinking of offering some webmaster services in exchange for sponsoring my gym pass or something ...

ill have to see...

syntekz
10-01-2001, 11:45 AM
That'd be a good idea. Check around for student discounts as well. I only pay 25/month.

KeepPushing
10-01-2001, 11:57 AM
well its 90 for a 3 month pass and thats al i need right now.

KKL
10-01-2001, 12:03 PM
you could put up a chin up bar (and find something to do dips between) at your house. Better than nothing.

KeepPushing
10-01-2001, 07:07 PM
well i just got a membership today it was only 35.00 and u pay monthly . Ima talk to the owners there and see if i can get a couple months free if i make them a website.

12 weeks!!! till my goal date .

I need a routine now ...... ...

Bax
10-08-2001, 08:39 PM
First, are you completely new to weightlifting? If you are I would recommend a 3 day a week weight program. You're body makes gains a lot quicker when you are new but you don't want to over-excerte yourself either. Also though, don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. You might find yourself looking leaner but not dropping on the scale as much as you'd hoped. If I was you I'd throw the scale in the bin. Use your mirror. Unless of course you are doing this for a contest or a bet or something. If you are doing this just for your own personal satisfaction, chuck the scale out. It's a depressing invention.
Do you have a routine yet? Give this one a try if you want but if you are new to lifting make sure you know how to use the weights. Proper form is key!

Sunday - Cardio

Monday Core Strengthening Reverse Curl 2 10 Back and Biceps Lat Pulldown 3 8 Back and Biceps Lat Row 3 8
Back and Biceps Biceps Curl 3 10 Back and Biceps Pronated Curl 3 8-10 Core Strengthening Quadriplex 2 10

Tuesday OFF

Wed Core Strengthening Forward Curl 2 10 Legs Squats 4 8 4 to 5 sec. hold
Legs Hamstring Curl 3 8-12
Legs Quadricep Extension 3 8-12 Legs Calf Raise 3 15
Core Strengthening Supermans 2 10

Thursday Core Strengthening Quadriplex 2 10 Chest Chest Press 3 8
Chest Pec Deck 3 8-10 full extension
Shoulders DB Shoulder Press 3 8
Triceps Cable Tricep Push-Down 3 12-15 Core Strengthening Reverse Curl 2 10

Friday and Saturday off but do cardio. (I lost 25lbs in four months doing cardio four times a week, sometimes five)
First thing you need to do is get your diet in check though. What are you eating? How much water do you drink a day? How much sleep do you get a night? 8 to 9 hours is pretty much mandatory. Are you taking any supplements?
Always do about fifteen minutes of cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well. I play squash three times a week on top of that when I'm cutting, plus some marathon length bike rides every weekend.
I'm not kidding you when I say it won't be easy. I've been there before. I couldn't do it in twelve weeks but my diet was also my weak point. I gave in to cheat days too often. Live and learn:angel:
Good luck bro:thumbup:

YatesNightBlade
10-09-2001, 01:29 AM
2lb a week.