PDA

View Full Version : How to make a protein shake

skill52
03-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey i want to make a protein shake of my own. i'm currently using a weightgain kinda all in 1 shake. DO i just get some whey protein and add this to some milk or water or do i need other things aswell. i want to bulk aswell so do i need anything else. or can anyone recommend any shake powders to buy that will be high in protien and also help bulking. (that are availible in UK).
I'm eating lots too.

Thanks

Khar
03-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Do a search for an online supplement store in the UK. I know many have been posted on the board. I would make my own weightgainer if that is what you do intend on taking. Buy some bulk protien be it a blend or just whey. Then add things such as milk, olive oil, flax oil, peanut butter, oats, fruits(frozen or fresh), and the protien together and blend it.

Khar
03-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Could also use ice cream and yogurt in there too...Go to the recipes section for some more ideas on shakes...

wleon
03-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Do a search for an online supplement store in the UK. I know many have been posted on the board. I would make my own weightgainer if that is what you do intend on taking. Buy some bulk protien be it a blend or just whey. Then add things such as milk, olive oil, flax oil, peanut butter, oats, fruits(frozen or fresh), and the protien together and blend it.

Khar

How would you make your own weightgainer ?? ...what would be a recepie... or was that the one you mention in your post ?? Just wondering as I been eating like crazy and I am in my bulk phase but have lost 2 pounds instead of winning one last week

wleon

Khar
03-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I normally would just eat real food but if I was feeling lazy I would probably do something like.

16oz skim milk
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp natty pb
1-2 scoops protien powder
frozen banana
maybe add some fat free ice cream, yogurt, or ice to make it a little thicker.

geoffgarcia
03-15-2004, 01:21 PM
just buy some WPC and add it to water and ur done

bigedge
03-15-2004, 09:11 PM
i have :
2 scoops of wpc
half a cup of oats
half a cup of juice
1 banana
1 cup of yogurt
2 tbs of wheat germ
1 tbs of honey
4 ice cubes

all blended together
mmm good

wleon
03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
what is WPC ?

wleon

geoffgarcia
03-16-2004, 01:08 PM
WPC = whey protein concentrate, I think its typically 80% protein
vs
whey protein isolate which is in the 90% protein ballpark, but costs twice as much