PDA

View Full Version : pwo on ckd

C-los
03-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Whats up guys?

I'm new here and I was just curious what you guys eat post workout on a CKD.

Thanks in advance :)

harryhoudini66
03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
No research went in to this choice but lately I have ate peanuts. Sometimes I just eat a big steak with mushrooms.

C-los
03-14-2004, 07:52 PM
I've done the ckd before in the past and just consumed protein/fat foods as you have mentioned houdini. The reason why I ask is because several people on another board are using dextrose pwo but they still consider it a CKD. I'm starting a ckd tomorrow and still not sure about the dextrose pwo. What do you guys think?

harryhoudini66
03-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Well, Brad is the best person to answer this, but the whole point of avoiding carbs is because of the affect they have on the blood sugar levels. It is my understanding that consuming dextrose in a post workout shake with creatine takes if more efficient because of the affect dextrose has on the delivery to the blood. It kind of contradicts itself. Unless you are talking about a TKD and not CKD. Then again, I may be talking out my arse since I do not know much on the subject.

Iron Heart
03-17-2004, 01:51 AM
The reason for the protein and dextrose post workout is to replenish lost glycogen. The totals should not be counted in your daily intake of calories as your body will use these right away. A good rule of thumb is 30 g whey, 30 g dextrose. I'll go into more when I have the time, but it can never be stated enough just how important proper post workout supplementation is.....no matter what diet you are following.

Spartacus
03-17-2004, 02:02 AM
i thought if you consume carbs just around workout, that is the definition of tkd

C-los
03-17-2004, 07:10 AM
i thought if you consume carbs just around workout, that is the definition of tkd

Yeah exactly. People are using a targeted ketogenic diet but call it a ckd. Bodyopus had abosolutely no carbs at all when cutting until the carb load period. I think it is a good idea to use the dextrose for ani-catabolic purposes, but if you're gonna be replenishing your glycogen stores after every workout whats the point of carb loading every week then?

raniali
03-17-2004, 10:30 AM
on a tkd, there is no weekly carb load. i think people are playing semantic games, but consuming carbs before/after a workout with no weekly binge is TKD ... the other form is a CKD. they are both useful and effective. but i would stick with one, otherwise you might as well just return to a balanced diet.

Shao-LiN
03-17-2004, 01:22 PM
The reason for the protein and dextrose post workout is to replenish lost glycogen. The totals should not be counted in your daily intake of calories as your body will use these right away. A good rule of thumb is 30 g whey, 30 g dextrose. I'll go into more when I have the time, but it can never be stated enough just how important proper post workout supplementation is.....no matter what diet you are following.

The rule of thumb I use is if it goes into your mouth, you count it. What you're describing is a TKD, so it is counted towards your calories for the day.

I dunno if I'm off, but whether or not your body "uses" the dextrose right away, doesn't make a difference.