PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Eating Schedule

slimm
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi,

I'm in need of help developing an eating schedule that can fit in my day for bulking. Let me get this out of the way: 5'11", 130lbs. Yeah. So I need all the help I can get here. Although I've sort of been doing my own thing at the gym for a few weeks, I will now try the WBB Routine 1. Aside from that, I've been searching/reading the forum for a couple of hours, and see tons of opinions of good protine foods, high calorie meals, etc. Great stuff. But, since I'm pretty busy with my job, 9-5, I will probably require protine shakes to replace some meals. So if you could please, help me make a meal-plan/time-cart with your suggestions on what foods to eat, and when to take shakes, etc. I'd really appreciate it. Give me a chance, and you'll see some before and after pictures throughout the months. :)

pruneman
03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't know your exact schedule or your activity level, but here would be some starters:

Breakfast: skim milk, oatmeal, whole eggs

snack: Natural PB sandwich on 100% WW bread, banana, milk

lunch: turkey or tuna sandwich on WW bread, fruit, nuts, skim milk

Before gym: oatmeal, small protein shake

PWO: 60g dextrose/20g protein

Dinner: pasta/sweet potato, salmon, veggie

Before bed: cottage cheese and natural PB

I don't know exactly what your caloric needs would be exactly, but this would be somewhere to start. easy ways to get extra calories are things like skim milk, natty PB, bananas, and nuts.

again...this is just a start. i would recommend finding how many calories you are eating currently and then adding 500. Aim to gain 1lb per week. eat at least ~1g/lb of body weight for protein.

slimm
03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the tips pruneman. I see you were in the same boat as me a year ago. :) One other question, when exactly should I take creatine? I have the micronized monohydrate. Before, After workout? Both? And do I need to take it on off days? Thanks!

pruneman
03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Hey slimm...as for creatine...i would take it after your workout with your pwo shake. i sometimes take it on off days if i remember, but i don't think that it really matters too much. Another thing that really helped me when i first started out was starting a journal in the online journals section right here at wbb. The support and community are great and other members are always willing to share their knowledge.

wleon
03-16-2004, 12:11 PM
what is : Natural PB sandwich ??

wleon

Anthony
03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Slimm, welcome to the site! It would be easier to help you think of meal ideas if you listed some foods/meals you enjoy eating. But in general, I wouldn't be too concerned about having a perfect diet ... at 5'11 and 130, you just need to eat. A lot. :)

wleon, natural peanut butter contains only peanuts (no salt, sugar, etc) and is a good source of fat.

slimm
03-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Slimm, welcome to the site! It would be easier to help you think of meal ideas if you listed some foods/meals you enjoy eating. But in general, I wouldn't be too concerned about having a perfect diet ... at 5'11 and 130, you just need to eat. A lot. :)

wleon, natural peanut butter contains only peanuts (no salt, sugar, etc) and is a good source of fat.

Anthony, thanks. :) I'm up for suggestions on any food. I like everything. Trust me I don't hold back on eating. I always ate junk though. Time for more protien.

Anthony
03-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Protein: lean beef, chicken, fish, eggs, beans, cottage cheese, soy, etc.
Carbohydrates: potatoes, rice, pasta, vegetables, breads, cereals, etc.
Fat: flaxseed oil, safflower oil, fish oil, natural peanut butter, nuts, etc.

Pick one from each category and you're good to go. :) Starting out, I would recommend 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat OR 35/35/30. Don't go extreme in any direction until you get a better understanding of how you react, etc.