PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2500cals and still gaining???

Growth
03-16-2004, 01:32 PM
I need a bit of advise, i started cutting 2 weeks ago and i slowely droped my cals down to around 3000 during the first week, and for the past week its been around 2500. Problem is even though the calories are this low ive still managed to put on a solid 1kg, not throught water fluctuations either as i have weighed at various times during the days. The protein / Carb / Fat split is around 50 / 30 / 20 at the moment. Is that a good split or should i aim for more of a 40 / 30 / 30. Ive also started doing 30 mins cardio on Tues / Thurs while my weight lifting is done on Mon / Wed / Fri. Is it typical to still see weight increases after only 2 weeks or cutting? At the begging of the 2 weeks my weight had stoped increasing so i thought i was on the right track, but 2 weeks latter ive gained 1kg. Im confused.

geoffgarcia
03-16-2004, 02:25 PM
I read in one of your posts that your Im 6'0" and 90kg/198 pounds

your currently taking in 312g of protein (1250/4)
and 20% fat = 55g (500/9)

~1-1.5g of protein per lb of bw (for you would be 200-300g)
~.6g of fat per lb of bw (for you would be ~120g)
and the rest in carbs is what i usually follow on a cut

I don't find that ratios are as important as getting the correct amounts of fats and proteins

Dedicated
03-16-2004, 07:00 PM
I need a bit of advise, i started cutting 2 weeks ago and i slowely droped my cals down to around 3000 during the first week, and for the past week its been around 2500. Problem is even though the calories are this low ive still managed to put on a solid 1kg, not throught water fluctuations either as i have weighed at various times during the days. The protein / Carb / Fat split is around 50 / 30 / 20 at the moment. Is that a good split or should i aim for more of a 40 / 30 / 30. Ive also started doing 30 mins cardio on Tues / Thurs while my weight lifting is done on Mon / Wed / Fri. Is it typical to still see weight increases after only 2 weeks or cutting? At the begging of the 2 weeks my weight had stoped increasing so i thought i was on the right track, but 2 weeks latter ive gained 1kg. Im confused.
One possibility is that since you started cutting you happened to start consuming more protein at the same time, thus maybe you are gaining muscle and not fat? Something to consider maybe. Since I have started cutting I have also paid more attention to my protein intake and I actually feel strong than before.

Deathwish
03-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Check bf% diff