PDA

View Full Version : Question about HIIT

bruejam
03-16-2004, 02:01 PM
I haven't started it yet, but am planning to do so next month. I'm sitting here one day after doing legs and wondering how this is going to work. Right now I feel like if I did anything more than a light jog, my legs would burn up and fall off. Do you just have to work through it? Do you go lighter on the leg workouts while doing HIIT? How does HIIT affect size gains in the legs?

KingJustin
03-16-2004, 02:26 PM
How many times each week are you training your legs?

Because I'm bad at following threads that I join ...
If you're training legs once a week then I wouldn't do HIIT the day before or the day after or the day of leg training.

If you are doing legs twice a week I would do HIIT the day after each leg day and then do HIIT on like a boxing bag or something instead a third or fourth time each week so as to get your upper body going as well if you want to go more than twice a week.

I know these two pieces of advice seem to contradict one another but they have helped me to avoid prolonged soreness. Also, the first time you do HIIT you are most likely going to be very sore for a long time. I'd set a very low limit on the sprints that day.

After HIIT I reccomend doing a nice, slow jog so that you get some of the lactic acid out of your system. Drink plenty of water before and after as well.