PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about my diet/workout..

Thunderwulf
03-17-2004, 07:16 AM
After a few years of serious inactivity, I've started to buckle down and start back at the gym.

About 1 month ago I was 288 lbs. I've had a strict diet and workout plan during the past month.

I don't have the exact calorie count, but here is what I've been eating every day..

Morning: protein drink.
Mid Morning: 1 cup Oatmeal
Lunch: Turkey on Whole wheat, 20 Almonds and 1 cup Cot Cheese
Mid Afternoon: 1 cup Oatmeal
Dinner: Turkey, Tuna, Salsa, Cot Cheese mix
Pre Bed: Nat PB on slice of whole wheat, 1cup cot cheese

I've had the same thing pretty much every day for the last month. There has been a few days where I've cheated, but the cheats weren't that bad.

I've been working out 5 days a week. I do free weights working various body parts for about an hour then finish each workout with 30 - 40 min on the bike.

Now, for the first week or 2, I dropped to around 280. Lost about 8 lbs.

In the last 2 weeks I've seemed to gain back all that weight. Was 290 last night!

Now, im not totally worried yet. I can definetly see the the difference. Im even down a few pant sizes. (44 to 40) My chest and arms seemed to have gotten much bigger and Im feeling great.

So im ASSUMING the weight gain is muscle. But Ill admit im a little confused. With my diet I assumed Id be dropping much more weight. I didn't think I would be packing on as much muscle. In fact, I thought I would be loosing some muscle. Not that im complaining, it just has me a little shocked.

Anyone have any Idea whats going on? Should I be worried?