PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with diet

furrukh
03-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Fellow members, i am finding it hard to balance my diet my since i recently started with serious weighlifting and nutrition i believe i amon the right track, or perhaps not. Please give me feedback on my diet(my goal is to limit my daily calorie intake to 2,300, plus gain strength and bulk up)

Breakfast: 1/2 oats with milk, black berries and fruit juice
Lunch: 2 tuna sandwiches made with wholemeal bread
Postworkout shake: 300ml milk, 3 egg whites, black berries and 2 thick slices of tofu
Dinner: boiled veggies(1 carrot,3 dark green lettuce leaves,3 pieces of brocolli,half a handful of spinach, 2 teaspoons of red kidney beans, a handful of peas,3-4 olive, 3 medium sized pieces of turkey breast)

Thanks in advance

prof
03-17-2004, 11:27 AM
:hello: :bang:

so did you read all the stuff i said, where is the protien in most of that?

I'm off down the gym :scratch:
aren't you 196 pounds? and you want to bulk on 2300???
:help:

Saint Patrick
03-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah more protein.

raniali
03-17-2004, 12:08 PM
up the protein and add some good fats

pruneman
03-17-2004, 12:38 PM
That doesn't seem like a whole lot of food for trying to bulk up.

TheGimp
03-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Add a scoop of whey to the oats at breakfast and lose the juice.

Replace the post workout shake with whey and maltodextrin mixed with water.

Add a high protein snack with some healthy fats before and after lunch.

Drizzle some olive oil over those veggies at dinner.

Have a slow digesting, high protein pre-bed meal, something like cottage cheese is good.

Just my 2p :)

furrukh
03-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Wow you guys are top blokes, thanks a bunch for the help. Yes Professor i read your message infact i saved it too on my desktop to remind me of it. Yes i am 196 pounds and want to bulk up on 2300 calories, its like i don't have lean muscle and a lot of it is covered under fat, i am just afraid that if i start taking more calories then i would go out of shape. Gimp your message was really helpful, and definetely i shall purchase Whey as soon as possible.. I personaly would go for "designer whey" cause it has low carbs but if you boys know of any good ones then please lemme know. I am in my learning phase and every free minute i have i spend it in these forums to help me learn more from your experiences. Please add more comments/guidance/suggestions as to what more to do. And once again thanks :)

geoffgarcia
03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
i am 196 pounds and want to bulk up on 2300 calories, its like i don't have lean muscle and a lot of it is covered under fat, i am just afraid that if i start taking more calories then i would go out of shape.
you have much to learn young jedi
don't get discouraged

furrukh
03-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by furrukh
i am 196 pounds and want to bulk up on 2300 calories, its like i don't have lean muscle and a lot of it is covered under fat, i am just afraid that if i start taking more calories then i would go out of shape.

Ok geoff so what do you think?

TheGimp
03-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Have 2300 calories a day for a week and see if you gain weight. If not increase cals by around 500 a day, rinse and repeat.

furrukh
03-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Ok Gimp, this may sound wierd but should be aiming to gain weight when i have plenty of body fat? i mean won't it make me much fatter, cause i have gained like 4Kg since i started working out but i reckon its mostly muscle because i can't see any changes in my body fat levels

furrukh
03-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Guys, instead of worrying about my body fat for the time being can i start taking calories and protiens to get big and then after i have achieved my goal i can get rid of my body fat by cutting/aerobics. Is that possible?

ryuage
03-19-2004, 01:04 PM
that is definitely possible

furrukh
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
So steven would i be right if i said that "i don't need to worry about getting fat, as i would be lifting heavy, which would help me in burning calories and maintaining my body fat levels?"

ryuage
03-19-2004, 01:55 PM
it is possible yes and even in some cases lowering your bodyfat as you put on more muscle... but you asked
instead of worrying about my body fat for the time being can i start taking calories and protiens to get big and then after i have achieved my goal i can get rid of my body fat by cutting/aerobics. Is that possible?
you can... you could go on a mass gaining diet and when you reach the weight that you desire you can then go on a cut.