PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower seeds

Budiak
02-12-2001, 11:28 PM
Damn I'm posting alot now.
Are sunflower seeds ok to eat when bulking? There are 8 grams of polyfat per serving ()which is one bag, theres no way I can eat a whole bag in one sitting), 2.5 grams mono, and only 1.5 grams sat. They also 6 grams protein and only 4 grams of carbs. I've always liked them because they keep me busy and make me unable to eat a fatty sandwich or something else I shouldnt be eating, I just wanted to know if they were sabotaging my diet.

MissAbs
02-14-2001, 05:21 PM
Yes sunflower seeds are fine so are pumpkin seeds or walnuts.

I have actually move more toward these "nuts" as the carb/fiber values are better than the peanuts. Especially the walnuts if you are an "active carb" counter,... because there is 3 grams of fiber per 1 ounce. Cool eh?

Abs

the doc
02-14-2001, 06:13 PM
Miss abs i too have switched to walnuts and some other high fat nuts as well and i love them. Walnuts and pecans have superiour fat compositions (mainly monounsat) even containing some omega 3's, and are a main source of fiber and fat in my diet! I eat at least a cup a day! Sunflower seeds are mainly polyunsatuated but i am not sure of the breakdown. Just make sure to get them raw as the fats will be in their native states. This is probably really important for sunflowers because polyunsat. fats are more easily oxidized.