PDA

View Full Version : Meet this weekend, need advice...

dawk20
03-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey, I've got a meet this weekend and a bit of a problem. I hurt my knee a little while ago and havn't gotten it checked out yet, most people think it may be an ACL injury. But anyway, my only real problem is squatting, my normal stance feels like I'm bein stabbed in the side of my knee. I'm not used to wrapping my knees so I'm not gonna do that and I didn't have time to test out wider or narrower stances. My question is how should I adjust my stance to possibly take some of the impact off my knees?? Any help or advice is appreciated

Paul Stagg
03-19-2004, 06:52 AM
My first advice is to not lift if you are in that much pain. Go see a doc.

My second advice is to wrap your knees if you insist on competing. I don't know how to adjust your form to get past that, other than to reduce the weight lifted, and do more of an Oly squat, just not deep.

Future
03-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I am with Paul.

Scooby-Doo
03-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Paul put it best. Don't risk permament injury, its better to miss one meet then to never compete again. If you must compete then I would definaitly wrap your knees. What ever you decide, good luck.

dawk20
03-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the advice and concern guys. I did compete today and until my third squat I didn't really fell anything to bad in my knee, and I ended up winning so I'm glad I did. I don't think it's as serious as once thought but I'm gonna get it checked within the week.