PDA

View Full Version : Boiling vs. Pan cooking eggs

Ebu
03-20-2004, 10:29 PM
I will still be able to fully digest the egg proteins in egg whites if i boil them, as oppossed to pan cooking them, right? Just wanna double check. Also, I plan on just throwing like 12 egg whites in a blender, and downing it really quick, nice and painless...lol.

Ebu
03-21-2004, 10:20 AM
anyone?

TheGimp
03-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Regarding pan vs. boil I don't see a problem with that.

As for blending up 12 egg whites... why don't you just get some egg protien powder? :)

The Celt
03-21-2004, 12:28 PM
I will still be able to fully digest the egg proteins in egg whites if i boil them, as oppossed to pan cooking them, right? Just wanna double check. Also, I plan on just throwing like 12 egg whites in a blender, and downing it really quick, nice and painless...lol.

All your body knows when you eat something is it's receiving nutrients. It doesn't care how it's been cooked --as long as it's been cooked properly... then you might get a case of the up-chucks... :eek:

Ebu
03-21-2004, 03:12 PM
oh, cuz eggs are cheaper, then going and buying a powder for them. I don't mind eggs so much, its just such a pain to cook them everyday when I don't have the time.

TheGimp
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Are you certain about that? I do not know the details because I do not eat eggs, but consider the price per gram of protein from eggs and compare it to the price per gram for a powder.

Also consider cooking up a load of eggs at the start of the week or whenever and sticking them in the fridge. That way you won't have to cook them every day.

wolfpack
03-22-2004, 05:36 PM
how long do eggs last cooked?
btw isn't it a bit lazy to have to bulk cook eggs? what does it take to make them 2-3 min tops?

raniali
03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
hard boiled eggs can last several days (up to a week possibly) when stored in the fridge. eggs, in general, have a relatively long shelf life compared to most fresh food.

bill
03-22-2004, 06:19 PM
raw eggs= salmonella its safer and easier to do protein , you won't have to break all of those eggs

Ebu
03-22-2004, 07:41 PM
well, cooking them takes longer than 3 min, well, when you are me and eat 10-12 at a time...

ianack4life
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
All your body knows when you eat something is it's receiving nutrients. It doesn't care how it's been cooked --as long as it's been cooked properly... then you might get a case of the up-chucks... :eek:

The downside to pan frying eggs...if the studies that have been conducted are completely true...is that carcinogens are released and absorbed into the egg when its pan fried. Many claim that these carcinogens from pan frying/frying food in general can possibley lead to cancer.

warreport
03-22-2004, 10:36 PM
I dont think your body can absorb the protein of 12 eggs at one time regardless of method cooked, if they are large eggs thats like 84 grams of protein, unless you are a monster I dont htink you can absorgb all that and would be better breaking it up