PDA

View Full Version : check out my diet........

derK
03-21-2004, 10:27 AM
this was for yesterday, but i've been eating the same quantity and MORE for the past week or so.....

7am : 2 eggs + 2 peanut butter sandwiches + glass of milk + weight gainer stuff

10am : bagel with cream cheese + bottle of water

1pm : 2 slices of cheese pizza + protein bar + bottle of water

3pm : pasta with chunks of beef and green vegetables + grapefruit

6pm : protein shake with L-glutamine

615pm : workout

745pm : protein shake with L-glutamine + rice + chicken + green vegetables + bottle of water

11pm : protein bar

1am : small cheese pizza + wings + pepsi

230am : weight gainer stuff.

Can anybody see anything wrong?? i think i should be eating a bit more greens and fruits. Maybe a bit more water as well.

Thanks!!

ryuage
03-21-2004, 10:58 AM
seems fine... like your pizza dont you? only thing is i see you eating at 2:30 am then 7 am? i think you might need a little more sleep!

TheGimp
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
If you have to list your water (and if that's it) then you're not drinking enough.

I wouldn't have weight gainer (it's loaded with sugar) before bed.

That pepsi better be diet :)

All in all it could be cleaner, but aside from what I've mentioned it looks fine if you're not aiming for perfection.

derK
03-21-2004, 11:11 AM
i'm aiming for bulking up right now. I want to be 150lbs by June, and right now i'm about 144lbs naked. As for the pizza thing, it just happened that they were serving free pizza at work. So i'm definetley NOT going to give up free food :D The pepsi wasn't diet :( came with the pizza pizza meal deal.

you don't suggest taking the mass builder stuff before bed?? i figured it would be best because that's the longest span that you're not eating. So i thought drinking that would give me all the essentials i need to rebuild over night??

thanks!!

TheGimp
03-21-2004, 11:17 AM
You should definately be having something, you want a slow digesting protein meal (something with casein in it, such as straight casein protein powder, cottage cheese, milk etc.) but weight gainers are typically whey (very fast digesting protein) and sugar (you don't want any of this before bed).

The Celt
03-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Can anybody see anything wrong?? i think i should be eating a bit more greens and fruits. Maybe a bit more water as well.

Holy crap... where do I begin... :p

You'll be 150 pounds in 2 weeks... and it'll all be in your gut! IMO (and I could be wrong), you're not taking in very clean calories at all. We all have to cheat every now and again, but eating pizza, hot wings and Pepsi daily isn't going to help you put on quality muscle... which is what you want, right?

If I may make some suggestions... get rid of the pizza, hot wings and Pepsi (you cand rink Diet Pepsi if you absolutely need sodapop). They all may be calories but, they ain't good calories.

I also would cut down on all the bars and shakes for 3 reasons:
1) It'll get really expensive
2) Whole foods are better for you anyway
3) Consumption of excessive bars and shakes have been known to raise cholesterol levels in many people.

Okay, let's break this down:

7am : 2 eggs + 2 peanut butter sandwiches + glass of milk + weight gainer stuff

This is a good start BUT, try this: 1 cup of oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon, glass of milk, multivitamin (you're taking a multi-vitamin... riiiiight?

10am : bagel with cream cheese + bottle of water

Okay, the bagel is good as long as it's whole wheat. Or you may also want to take the peanutbutter sandwiches you now have left over from breakfast and eat them now. With a banana or apple.

1pm : 2 slices of cheese pizza + protein bar + bottle of water

I don't think you'll find any member of WBB who has made decent to extra-ordinary muscle gains with pizza as part of their daily diet... get rid of it. Try eating some cottage cheese and some fruit. You could eat the bar as well, but remember what I told you about bars...

3pm : pasta with chunks of beef and green vegetables + grapefruit

This is good, I like this. Make sure you have at least 4 oz. of beef because that'll supply about 20 grams of protein. And make sure there's at least about 3/4 cup of veggies, too.

6pm : protein shake with L-glutamine

615pm : workout

745pm : protein shake with L-glutamine + rice + chicken + green vegetables + bottle of water

Okay... you want to drink your pre-workout shake at least 45-60 minutes prior to your workout. That gives your body time to absorb the protein and fuel your muscles during the intense punishment you're giving it... (riiight?) Leave out the glutamine and add it your post workout shake which you should consume immediately after your training. Eat your chicken and rice an hour after your workout, mixing in 5g of your glutamine w/ your water. Also, you should take another capsule of your multi-vitamin (if the label says so)...

11pm : protein bar

I personally would eat a can of tuna and an apple here. Or a tuna/spinach salad with an oil based dressing. But that's just me.

1am : small cheese pizza + wings + pepsi

You should be sleeping right now. Only pros get up in the middle of the night to eat, and only a few of them actually do. If you were to wake up just to eat, drink a casein shake. The proteins in those release at a slower rate. The fat and sugar in what you're eating now whill just be stored as fat.

230am : weight gainer stuff.

Again wrong. The Gimp is right. All weightgainers are is just extra calories from protein and sugar. Whey is digested in about an hour or so, it kinda defeats the purpose. And the sugar will just be stored as fat. What I do is drink my weightgainer as my post workout shake. Try that.

Drink a gallon of water and get at least 8 hours of sleep. Hope you found this helpful.