PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigOunze
03-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Whatís up guys? Iím new to this board and weightlifting period. Iím 24 6í2 and weigh 147lbs. I want to gain weight and I need to know what to eat. Iíve seen other posts and you give information that the person is familiar with. Iím a newbie. So if someone can give me tips on what and how much to eat. Iím looking to gain 2-4lbs a week and I need a well explained diet and weightlifting program. Iíve had a Bally membership and havenít been to the gym yet. Maybe what worked for you can work for me. I donít eat any cold cut sandwhich but I eat most pastas and anything else

ryuage
03-21-2004, 06:32 PM
look at the top of the site and click search and research bulking, diet, etc... you get the point you'll come across a lot of useful information, or even check out www.atlargenutrition.com and click on articles.

ectx
03-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Specifically I'd recommend the following article:

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

BigOunze
03-21-2004, 07:26 PM
You guys are the best!!!!!!!!!! thanks, but anyone else send more usefull info!!!!!!!!!!

KrAzY
03-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Eat lots of healthy foods that are high in nutrients and hit the gym hard. Don't cheat yourself, make sure you get in the gym and tear your muscles to shreds.
There are all kinds of workout plans on this site/the web so my best advice would be to do a little research and find out some excercises that your comfortable with and put together your own plan. Once you have a good workout plan put together you could start a thread showing off your weekly plan and see what kind of advice everybody gives you.

A simple plan would be something like this:
(abs everyday)
Day One: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day Two: Back/Biceps/Forearm
Day Three: Legs/Obliques
Day Four: Rest
:Repeat Process:

There are millions of combinations and you should be able to find one that fits your lifestyle.

Shao-LiN
03-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Why abs everyday?

Saint Patrick
03-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah Abs everyday is just plain foolish.

KrAzY
03-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Because I like doing them every day

Spartacus
03-21-2004, 10:34 PM
abs everyday is probably ok. i don't think yo'ure going to get overtrained from doing situps. i dunno that its going to do you much good though.

Saint Patrick
03-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Abs are a muscle, just like any other, and they need time to recover.

TheGimp
03-22-2004, 03:03 AM
:withstupi

Would you guys squat every day? What is so magical about abs? They are a muscle just like any other. They also get hit pretty hard when performing exercises like deadlifts requiring core strength. Here's (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25) a good newbie routine.

Spartacus
03-22-2004, 11:55 AM
muscle can be worked every day and still recover. (if you aren't training to failure)

raniali
03-22-2004, 12:11 PM
i think this guy was more interested in gaining overall weight/size than abs.

you need to eat and eat. then eat some more. besides adequate protein, i would suggest adding high cal foods (like peanut butter, nuts, olive oil etc) to your meals just to increase your calorie intake. you need to eat more calories than your body requires. you might also start keeping a food journal to understand just how much you may or may not be eating. if you don't want to do it on paper, try www.fitday.com.
and has been stated - do searches here. you are not the only person in need a few pounds.