PDA

View Full Version : food- before a soccer game--

carlossalsa8
03-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone. I have read that I should eat to 2-2.5 hours before a game. But wut are great foods to eat before a soccer game? Thanks.

zepata
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
i usually try to eat something with a good amount of carbs but will not sit on your stomach "heavily". I feel that if my stomach is full it will make more sluggish and slow. A good idea for some quality energy would be some pasta such as spaghetti about 2 hours before your game. If you want to use an energy bar, then i suggest eating it about an hour or more before your game. I'm basing my answer off of my own experience, i just know you dont want a bunch of food being digested when your running like hell :cool:

dblockspky
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
i played soccer for a long time..
if your going to eat anything.. 3 hours before the game make sure it's light. any fruits or vegetables. and power bars are good
if your into carboloading do it the night BEFORE.. this is when your supposed to do it.
also make sure you have a good breakfast that morning because by halftime you'll be dead if you didnt have a good meal.

ryuage
03-22-2004, 03:58 PM
heck i eat like a cup of oatmeal a bananna and a cup of egg beaters right before going on a long run :\

carlossalsa8
03-22-2004, 04:20 PM
what is a good breakfast? I run every day except saturdays. I always eat a cereal- one cup of not fat milk with kornflakes, cheerios, or any other cereal. That is my breakfast. I don't know wut else to eat. I eat planty of fruits, and vegetables. Since we are talking about foods, I would like to ask something else. As you know I am really active, how many calories should I be eating a day? I am 5'9.5'' 156 pounds, I know it might be hard to answer this quest. but just give me some ideas so I make some changes in my diet. Thanks.