PDA

View Full Version : too much dairy?

bjones56
03-22-2004, 08:24 PM
I just recently had my wisdom teeth extracted, so i'm pretty much on a liquid/soft foods diet. I've stocked up on cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, Ensure. I've also been eating beans, applesauce, etc. I'm just wondering what the effects of "too much" dairy could be. It is also a great source of protein. Also, I am concerned about losing weight during this period, and taking in calories is really tough when you cant eat anything. Should i be drinking weightgainer shakes?

thanks guys

Spartacus
03-22-2004, 08:27 PM
it shouldn't be a big deal, especially for a short period of time. just watch that you don't get too much lactose at once which will cause noticable problems (like wicked gas)

ianack4life
03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
it shouldn't be a big deal, especially for a short period of time. just watch that you don't get too much lactose at once which will cause noticable problems (like wicked gas)

PROTEIN FARTS :birthday:

Jasonl
03-22-2004, 10:37 PM
I had my widome teeth done last June. All 4 of the damn things, impacted too! For about 4 days I lived off cheap protein powder and dairy products. I wouldn't worry about it for that short amount of time. You will most likely lose a bit of water weight, but that's about it. Maybe a tiny bit of muscle and fat. In the mean time, don't worry about it and enjoy the yogurt. :drooling: