PDA

View Full Version : Multivitamins harmful?

jch216
03-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Somebody suggested to me that taking multivitamins would, over time, cause your body to depend on the vitamin for its nutrients and not the food. They were suggesting that your body would lose some of its ability to extract nutrients from the food you eat.

My argument is that your body has to extract the nutrients from the vitamin in the same fashion as it would the food that you eat. So I don't see why your body would adapt to depend on the multivitamin for nutrients instead of food.

What do you guys think? :burger:

xxr79xx
03-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Somebody suggested to me that taking multivitamins would, over time, cause your body to depend on the vitamin for its nutrients and not the food. They were suggesting that your body would lose some of its ability to extract nutrients from the food you eat.

My argument is that your body has to extract the nutrients from the vitamin in the same fashion as it would the food that you eat. So I don't see why your body would adapt to depend on the multivitamin for nutrients instead of food.

What do you guys think? :burger:
sounds like you answered your own question :clap: tell that somebody :moon:

CraigVA286
03-23-2004, 11:39 AM
This argument was brought up with creatine as well...The truth is, your body doesnt know what the hell the nutrient is coming from, all it knows is that its getting it!

Khar
03-23-2004, 06:05 PM
it was different with creatine...your body creates creatine.