PDA

View Full Version : Question on my fat source?

Chris Rodgers
01-14-2001, 09:51 PM
On the new diet I put together for myself, my main fat source is peanuts. I used to use peanut butter, but with all the preservatives and sugar I figured I needed something different. I tried natty PB and hated it. So now I eat about 2 handfuls of peanuts with every meal. They are unsalted and have no preservatives, just plain peanuts. Is this a good source and if so is it ok to have them as pretty much the only fat in my diet except for the fat in chicken, eggs and steak? thanks

Joe Black
01-15-2001, 02:58 AM
Latman, yes they are a good source of fat, and contain high amount of protein too

However it might be an idea to get more of a range of fats on your meal... I eat 6 meals a day and shoot for 0 grams of fat in each meal.

For meal 1, I eat cheese which contains a good amount of fat an I use it in an ommellete with egg whites and a yolf for some more fat

Meal 2 I eat Tuna so use mayo for my fat source for this meal. Pretty good fat source, not the best but its ok.. Nicest thing to mix with tuna anyway !!

I eat raw unslated peanuts for my fat source like your self with my next 3 meals (chicken, veggies and pasta) .

Last meal is nmormally post training, and I use flax seed oil for this meal. It is a good source of EFA's.

Flax seed oil is prefect for quckness too. 5 grams of top quality fat per teaspoon. Just throw it down with some water and you can't even taste it :)

Hope that helps ya.

[Edited by Hulk on 01-15-2001 at 04:59 AM]

beercan
01-15-2001, 05:50 AM
Clean peanuts are a good choice...

BTW, why didn't you put your email in yur profile..grrrrr
mail me, man...I'll wait unti, I hear from you until I train. We can go to Worlds, or Sunrise, it's up to you..LMK

Anthony
01-15-2001, 06:13 AM
Peanuts are a great source of fat. They have a fairly balanced mix of both essential fatty acids.

Chris Rodgers
01-15-2001, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys.

Beercan- sorry, I must have hit the wrong button. When I went away this weekend I slacked off on my diet and rest so it messed me up a bit. I slept in late today and I never went food shooping for this week. If you want I'll still do back with you on Thursday or Friday, unless you want to wait until next week. BTW, I have Fridays off, so I can train whenever, but Thursday I would have to be done training by 11:00 A.M. or train after 9:30 P.M. It's up to you. My e-mail is now accessible to everyone.

beercan
01-16-2001, 12:39 PM
Hmmm...Lets do back friday, man

J-Flyer
02-02-2001, 11:36 PM
Hulk,

What kind of cheese and mayo do you use? Low-fat, No-fat, regular...?

Ronan
02-03-2001, 03:08 AM
Extra virgin olive oil
Flaxseed oil
Brazil nuts
Avacados
Oily fish
Cod liver oil

These are other great sources of fat to include in your diet.

Mayo and cheese are saturated so are not the type of fat you are looking for for health and muscle gain

ElPietro
01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Ok I just went to a bulk food store and found a big vat of natural peanut butter at the back. I have had difficulty finding this shite and it's been right under my nose the whole time. I have gone through a search and seen lotsa the same questions on the macros of natty peanut butter but very little in the form of answers.

Basically would natural peanut butter have the exact same macro break down as unsalted peanuts? I'm sorta assuming this but thought I'd ask to be sure. Just trying to keep a good picture of exactly what I'm eating.

I also thought I'd do it through this thread to prove I have searched through the forums and also show a very early thread of when latty and beercan first planned on beginning their romance. Almost a year later they are finally united. *tear*

Tryska
01-03-2002, 12:30 PM
i'm gonna have to backup ronan and hulk.

ronan's list is excellent oil choices, what hulk said is spot on too.

you need the varying types of oils to get your fat from, otherwise you can cause hormonal imbalances among other things.

why not, use the peanuts...incorporate some olive oil, maybe a teaspoon or two topping something, or just straight, and flax oil as well?

that way you have a nice Mono/EFA profile? along with whatever fats come in the foods you eat (animal fats i'm presuming)

ElPietro
01-03-2002, 12:37 PM
*strangles tryska*

I just want the macros!!!

ps. this thread is a year old...just answer the last post pls. thx.

ElPietro
01-03-2002, 12:37 PM
and i use flax too

Tryska
01-03-2002, 12:39 PM
ok. wtf are you bumping year old threads for, just to put some barely related question in there?

you couldn't have made a new thread?? *lol*

or at least given some warning that you were bumping and old thread?

anyways....yes, if all it contains is peanutes then it would be the same macros as regular unsatled peanuts. If it has added oil, then you should probably look up the fda or something and see what natrual pb macros are.

ericg
01-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Great thread guys...just thought i would let ya know

01-03-2002, 05:11 PM
I consider having natural peanut butter as part of my cutting diet a nice tasty treat. I eat like 20g of it in 1-2 meals right off the spoon.

beercan
01-04-2002, 05:29 AM
ElPietro, you're so big and strong, :rolleyes: you should already know the answer

ElPietro
01-04-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by beercan
ElPietro, you're so big and strong, :rolleyes: you should already know the answer

when did I ever claim I was...are you upset that latty didn't call you the next day?

Chris Rodgers
01-04-2002, 06:50 AM
LOL