PDA

View Full Version : Please share your experiences in getting rid of that last bit of stubborn fat.

hemants
03-24-2004, 05:53 AM
I'm down to 13% (yes, that's down for me LOL) but I can't seem to shake these love handles that I've been carrying for about 10 years (37 now).

I used diet/strength training to get myself to this point and have started doing 20 minutes of HIIT 4-5 times a week.

Any other thoughts? (ephedrine is not an option)

Paladyr
03-24-2004, 06:42 AM
The only time I got really skinny (for me) was when I was almost starving myself eating slimfast shakes and other small things throughout the day. I basically wouldn't even eat when I was hungry and would try to fight it off with water. Then when I ate I wouldn't eat a whole lot. Other than cutting more cals, I don't think there is much else you can do.

prof
03-24-2004, 07:33 AM
try a slight calorie reduction, and see how it goes

or the Ultimate diet 2.0 is currently in favour.

Some people are very carb sensitive, My wife made very little progress on a stock 30/40/30 bodybuilding diet, but seemed to make real fatloss progress doing Atkins, based on the same total calories. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.

fit4fun
03-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Definately check out the Ultimate Diet 2.0

xxr79xx
03-24-2004, 12:20 PM
try a slight calorie reduction, and see how it goes

or the Ultimate diet 2.0 is currently in favour.

Some people are very carb sensitive, My wife made very little progress on a stock 30/40/30 bodybuilding diet, but seemed to make real fatloss progress doing Atkins, based on the same total calories. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself.

has she come off the atkins diet yet? if so has she gained any fat back what was your bf% before to after? sorry I have a fiancÚ who wants to try the Atkins.

prof
03-24-2004, 12:40 PM
did the 2 week induction, then has been sticking mostly to it except using carbs in a workout shake. If you don't carb up a little workouts are very tough. about 4 weeks atkins so far, but same total calories as when on a 30/40/30 split

She has also been on very low cals, which i disagree with, but has been working amazingly well this far. BF before was high due 30% ish to various health probs, sorted out now and pretty much doing WBB1 with loads of cardio/spinning classes thrown in

we are on holiday soon so back to normal food, we will monitor progress

CBates
03-24-2004, 12:52 PM
The diet I was on to get to my lowest body fat (around 7 something %), it's been awhile, I used a high protein diet, with medium carbs, and very low fat. I know low fat probably isn't the healthiest diet, but it worked. I've never been able to get lower than 10% with including fats in my diet.

TheGimp
03-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Another vote for giving UD2.0 a try.

galileo
03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
I've used UD2 with a good deal of success, but you might want to try a carb-cyclicing deal for less drastic measures.

Shao-LiN
03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
The only time I got really skinny (for me) was when I was almost starving myself eating slimfast shakes and other small things throughout the day. I basically wouldn't even eat when I was hungry and would try to fight it off with water. Then when I ate I wouldn't eat a whole lot. Other than cutting more cals, I don't think there is much else you can do.

Example of what not to do. Don't starve yourself this bad.

Paladyr
03-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Example of what not to do. Don't starve yourself this bad.

yea i know... but i did look pretty good :).