PDA

View Full Version : cholestoral

beloved
03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
on my cut ive been eating a ton of eggs, relativly low calories, has protien, and some fat. is this bad? ive really only concerned my self with F/C/P and calories but now i see they have insane amounts of cholestoral, how important is this to my cut/body?

pruneman
03-24-2004, 01:24 PM
have you ever had your cholesterol checked before? Dietary cholesterol only accounts for about 15% of the cholesterol in your body. If you have high cholesterol or a family history of high cholesterol then you should try to remove some of your dietary cholesterol...otherwise you should be fine.

Jasonl
03-24-2004, 05:26 PM
If you're concernced with cholesterol simply remove the yolk from the eggs, leaving the white. I know it won't taste as good this way, but its an option. Egg yolks aren't a very good source of fat, either, lots of sat. fat.

beloved
03-24-2004, 05:44 PM
what im asking is..... should i be concerned?

Jasonl
03-24-2004, 05:49 PM
what im asking is..... should i be concerned?
Not unless you have high cholesterol. It may be a good idea to find out if you have a family history of it.

Anthony
03-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Dietary cholesterol has little effect on a healthy individual who performs regular exercise. If that's you, I wouldn't worry about it.