PDA

View Full Version : nutrition list

syntekz
10-03-2001, 09:03 AM
Anyone know a site with a nutitional value list of 'every' type of food?

I've seen one; just don't know the URL.

w8lifter
10-03-2001, 10:58 AM
USDA NUTRIENTS (http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl)

Cyberdiet also has one.

Bax
10-08-2001, 08:02 PM
www.fitday.com is a good site. Not only for getting the nutrional value of food, but it keeps track of all your calorie intake each day. It records all your fitness needs actually. Check it out. It's very user friendly:cool:

elmo354
10-10-2001, 11:10 AM
Yea fitday is awsome! I use it everyday to keep track of my calorie intake

syntekz
10-10-2001, 11:11 AM
I think it's too much of a pain to type in all your food everyday. Takes up too much time. I just keep track of mine on a piece of paper.

Bax
10-10-2001, 06:20 PM
I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, so please don't get me wrong...but if you want to keep detailed records of how you are doing and where you need to cut off and put on and exactly how much protein/fat/carbs you are getting....wouldn't a computer program be a lot quicker?

Maki Riddington
10-10-2001, 07:17 PM
Not IMO, I use a book. I can't be bothered sitting at a comp at the end of each day to write my total days worth of food consumed.

syntekz
10-10-2001, 08:00 PM
Think of it like this Bax.

Carry a piece of paper around and record what you eat all day.

or..

Carry a piece of paper around and record what you eat all day and than put all that information into the computer.

Which is quicker? No flame or anything; just explaining myself. :D

Bax
10-10-2001, 09:03 PM
:nod:True enough. I see your point. I see both points really. Cause I guess what I was getting at was the beauty of a place like fitday is you click on the foods you've eaten that day and it breaks it all down for you. It also keeps a journal posted for you, cause if you're anything like me (and I hope you're not;)) you'll end up leaving that journal lying around in a big pile of stuff. Plus, I guess for me too being a student I am pretty much at a computer all day. But that is also true about writing it and then putting it in later. Didn't think of that.