PDA

View Full Version : Pec Injury

M-Tiz46
03-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I injured my pec recently at a powerlifting meet. I'm not sure of the degree of the injury, I just think it's a minor strain. It has, however, kept me from benching the last two weeks. I've been doing lots of tricep work as well as one arm bench and pec dec to help keep my other side strong. I'm worried that my bench will decrease significantly as a result of this. Any suggestions of some alternate exercises I could do?

Adam
03-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Be more worried about your pec then what your bench is currently at. The strenght you lose comes back very quick. I was off for 6months due to an injury and went from doing 95x5 first workout to 225x4

HORNEDFROGS07
03-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah, strength will come back very quickly, so be more concerned about the injury. Rest, ice, and anti-inflammatories are going to be your best bet, IMO. When you do start back to using it, be sure to warm it up very good before starting on heavy weights.

phreak
03-27-2004, 04:00 AM
I suffered a pec tear last year (May). I took 4 weeks off completely, 6 months off from benching and meanwhile focused on overhead presses (for shoulder and tricep strength). Started back in November and am almost back at where I was when I got injured, but this time benching with a narrow grip! So take your time and don't push your luck. Have patience and you will lift longer and heavier.

M-Tiz46
03-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Alright guys. Thanks for the advice.